What's That Smell

Your POV

I started my day like any other. I woke up in my bed by myself, greeted my mom as she walked to the other room to wake my siblings up.

I stood from my bed, a single long black band tee covering my body to my thighs. My hair messy from the night before's rest.

I walked into the bathroom and took a shower, and after brushing my teeth at the sink. I blew dried my hair and walked into my room to pull my work clothes on. I wasn't in school right now, so I was working just about everyday.

I sighed and looked at myself in my vanity. I touched up on my face, adding some makeup. I pulled my long hair back into a pony tail.
(It's Important that's its long at the beginning.)

I groaned and rubbed my face gently, making sure not to smudge my makeup though. I stood up straight and looked at my work uniform.

A red v-neck with a black shirt pocket that had the store logo on it. Joe's Instruments. I looked at my black skinny jeans. Today they had rips in the  knee area, and my shoes were just black and white converses.

I smiled in the mirror a bit. "Okay, (Y/N) I'm ready for this." I whispered and headed off.

I saw my little brother and sister sitting at the table. Both still in pajamas and hair all messy. Mom was setting breakfast in front of them.

"Be safe, sweet pea." My mom said to me, handing me a to-go cup of tea, and a small baggy of chips to munch on through the day.

I never ate breakfast so I didn't through a fit when she didn't make me any. "Thank you." I smiled, "you be safe too." I whispered and looked at my siblings.

My brother, 6 years old, looked up at me. "Goodbye, sissy." He mumbled and stood up on the chair to give me a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him, "you behave for the babysitter today, or I won't let you play on my phone for a week." I told him.

He laughed and nodded, plopping back down to eat his food.

"I'm gonna miss you!" My little sister nearly screamed as she bounced up and hugged my leg. She was only 4.

I smiled and patted her head, "behave missy." I said, picking her up and setting her back in her chair.

"I'll be back by 7." I told my mom.

"10 to 7? They sure do have you working a lot of hours." She commented.

"I get a good pay check every week though." I smiled and headed towards the door. I grabbed the keys to my car, and walked outside.

I glanced at my house from my car. Most people hate their families, but me...? I was okay with mine. I loved them all to bits. My mom is only 16 years older than me, and she kept me. My dad? Never knew him, but mom talks highly of him. My siblings, the greatest kids, even if they are like little devils every once and a while. If I didn't love them, I wouldn't be a 22 year old woman living with them still.

I pulled my car out of the driveway and took off to Joe's. It's only about a ten minute drive so I kept the radio on a low volume, just high enough to hear a soothing tune. I parked behind the shop once I got there and headed in through the back.

I checked my phone for the time. 9:47am. Okay, good. Still early. I was the store opener and closer on most days. Although some kids would work like four or five hour shifts through the day.

I got the shop up and running, letting a pandora radio station play through the store, and then got up to dust around the store. I touched up the vinyls and cd's and then went to check and see if the night crew from the night before polished the guitars. They did. The drums? All set up nice. Good.