Dad, don't call me Junior!

LYDIA DEETZ AND TOMB RAIDER

Capítulo 2: Dad, don't call me Junior!

Lydia and Percy were enjoying their holidays in the company of Lara, going from town to town. Lara was somewhat sad because knowing Lydia's Gothic hobbies, she would have liked to show her the castles of England and Europe, but as she had promised Charles and Delia, she would not leave American soil. Even so, together with Lydia and Percy, they had defined a tourist route to see the most famous cemeteries in the United States and were on their way to visit the cemetery of Barnett University in New York.

"This is convenient, since we are meeting a friend of mine named Bryce," Lara told the two children.

"And what's your friend coming to do in New York?" Lydia asked.

"He's coming to participate in a computer nerd conference at Barnett University."

Upon arriving in New York, Lara stayed with the children in a very luxurious hotel, and booked the best rooms for them.

"Lara, let me pay my share," Lydia asked her who didn't want to be a burden.

"But Lydia, the night costs thousands of dollars in this place."

"No, I have money, I don't want you to spend so much money on us."

Lara started laughing but Percy explained to her that Lydia had a lot of money because she had written the new edition of the recent No World Manual and had been paid a lot for it, in fact after Percy's explanation, Lara concluded that her little cousin had a lot more money than she had.

"Don't worry Lydia, I'll pay for everything, it's the way to make it up to you for all the years I didn't visit you, no, for all the years I didn't even give you a call or write you a letter."

Lydia gave in and the three of them went to their rooms, there they waited for Bryce, and the inopportune came just as Percy was pulling out his ears and cat's tail.

At first Bryce believed that Percy was using those electronic devices invented in Japan, which, by imitating the ears and tail of a cat, moved depending on the wearer's mood. However, when Bryce approached and held Percy's tail and ears, he saw that they were authentic.

"Huaaaa! Lara, what the hell!"

"Bryce, calm down."

"How can I calm down! He' s got cat's tail and ears! You heard me, cat's ears!"

Lara slapped him and the poor man finally calmed down. Lydia explained Percy's cat boy nature to Lara's friend and he was very impressed.

Percy showed the man both the old and modern manual written by Lydia, and Bryce praised the girl.

"Superb work Lydia, your manual is concise, didactic, schematic, in short, everything that is not the old manual, you did a very good job."

At that moment they knocked on the door bringing some food that Lara had asked for before, and Bryce, who was very interested in the manual and taking advantage of the fact that everyone went to the door, took some pictures of some pages of the old manual.

"How to bring the dead to life. I've always wanted to try this since I was a kid."

.

.

The next day, Lara and the children went to college to see Bryce's congress, but his friend never showed up.

"I wonder where he would go," said Lara, "we'd better make the most of the time and go and see the university cemetery, which is now dark."