The Gift

The last gift Scarlet's father gave her before he died of cancer ,in a hospital bed was a locket, a picture of an unknown place, and a note. The note said, "Emerald and Scarlet, pack your things, they're coming for you guys, find the red gem in our house, go find your aunt Sapphire she will explain everything, solve the mystery, and take care of each other. Love, dad." One last kiss goodbye then he was gone.

Scarlet's P.O.V
Once Emerald and I left the hospital, we went home to pack our things. Emerald and I packed the same things in our big suitcase and backpack, in the suitcase we put our clothing, a hairbrush, a comb, toiletries bag, a phone charger, a small pillow, a small blanket, a teddy bear, sneakers, 3 books, jewelry, a jacket, and a hoodie. In the backpack we put 2 flashlights, batteries, 2 water bottles, snacks, some money, a pocket knife, gloves, a hat, a scarf, hand and feet warmers since it was fall and about to be winter, a small battery powered lantern, headphones, and an extra charger.

As soon as everything was packed we started to searched for the gem that was apparently hidden somewhere in this big house.

"The note said that the gem is red, maybe it's a ruby."

"Emerald, does the type of the gem really matter? A gem is a gem, and we need to find it."

"Scarlet, the type of gem does matter but if we find more than one kind of gem we take all of them just in case, well anyways dad kept a jewelry box upstairs that's full of moms jewelry maybe it's in there or in the attic.

"Emerald, we can check upstairs first than we can check in the attic.

"Scarlet, OK we can do that.