Chapter Five: The Dinner

I sat down at the table picking up my fork. I look at the pile of shit in front of me.

"Stanley, eat your chicken." I stab the fork into one of the pieces of chicken and raised to my mouth. I slowly placed it in my mouth and chewed it. Still tastes like shit. I continued eating trying not to show my disgust.

"So turd, who were you talking to just now." Shelly asked me, taking a bite of her chicken. My mom also looked up at me, intrigued with what I have to say.

"I... I was on the phone to Kenny." I said, acting as chill as possible. If I told them I was talking to my reflection, they would probably lock me up in an asylum or something. My mum smiled and continued eating.

"So, are you talking again?" She asked in an excited tone.

"Ummm, yeah. Sure." I continue to eat. I want to get out of here.

"That's brilliant Stanley, you could invite him  over if you want."

"No, it's fine. We're not that close yet."

"Oh well when your ready. It would be nice to see you with some friends again."

"Well. I'm not ready for that."

"It's fine. As long as you're happy."

"Who says I'm happy?" I whisper, looking down at my knees. It was obvious that they both heard me because it went silent after that.

"Listen you little turd, Mom is only trying to help. She wants what's best for both of us. Stop acting like a dick and apologise." I stared at my sister and then at my mom who looked quite upset.

"Sorry...."

"Thank you, Stanley." She smiled, "Why don't you take you're food upstairs and turn in for the night."

"But it's only 7:30!"

"Just shut up and go to your room dick head!"

"Shelly language!" I leave my pile of shit on the table and storm up stairs. I fall into my bed and close my eyes. I wrapped the sheets around my torso and slowly fall asleep.