Mei For President

"Hey Yuzu! Did you hear that Mei is running for student council president?" Harumi asked. "You know I went to school with her when we were little. She was quiet, but also very nice."

"Yeah, I heard she was. I wonder if she'll win." Yuzu replied.

"She'll have to be popular to win."

"That's true. Only the popular people win." Yuzu leaned back in her seat.

"She's new. If she can somehow manage to win then that would be a surprise!" Harumi laughed. "I kind of hope she wins."

"As long as she doesn't change anything about him the school is run then I'm fine with it."

Yuzu's phone chimed and she went to check it. It was a message from her mom saying that she was having the new neighbors over for dinner. Yuzu typed a quick response then put her phone away.

"Was that your boyfriend~?" Harumi teased with a coy smile.

"Oh shut up. It was just my mom." Yuzu rolled her eyes and a small smile tugged at her lips. "Besides, you know he isn't," her voice went soft, "r-e-a-l."

Harumi laughed in reply. "Yeah, I know. I just don't understand how you could lie about that or why."

Yuzu shrugged her shoulders and played with her food. "I wanted people to like me. I didn't know what else to say. Besides, it's just one little lie. It's not so bad."

"What if they find out?"

"I don't know. I can always say get and I broke up if I get tired of it though."

"That's true."

The two girls continued to eat and talk until lunch was over and it was time for class again.