Chapter 1

I want to make a little note here that this story has been written! If you want to give it a little love, you can go check it out on my page. Enjoy!

The warm autumn air blew into my face as my wings took me closer to the hideout. A few gusts of winds had blown me and I had almost lost my balance in the air those few times. I was coming from a Target in Alabama, though the hideout is in Kentucky; it was a diversion to make sure I wasn't being followed by anyone.

My duffel bag was full of canned food and extra clothes from the problem of having wings, tails, and the ability to shapeshift. Shapeshifting it's that fun, it's painful to change your normal shape into something way tiny like a fly or something way big like a blue whale.

Clouds helped hide me from plain view from anyone that doesn't need to see a monster. The only problem is with the wind pushing the clouds around and making holes in the sky. This allows people to get a glimpse at me if they paid any attention to the sky.

Gladly my lungs are used to the change of high altitude and low oxygen from flying or fleeing. My wings could carry me for hundreds of miles if I carefully use my energy right.

Another gust of wind blew harder than the others and caught under my left wing, causing me to flip into spinning out of control towards the ground. My duffel was ripped out my hand and also was falling down with me.

Unable to fix my position as the wind continue to blow, I allowed myself to fall towards the ground. It's like fighting the current of a fast moving river; you'll lose your energy faster if you fight it. Just allow yourself to fall until you find a spot where it slows down or stops.

It wasn't long for the gust of wind to stop and at the same exact second, I unfurl my wings to fix my position and to slow my fall.

The duffel bag whooshes passed me which caught my attention; I furl my wings and tipped my upper body down to the ground. I fell into a nosedive and rapidly gained speed until it was back in my grasp.

With that hopefully over for the day, I speedily flew back above the clouds before anyone could see. The wind still gently blowing against me on the way back above the clouds didn't help my case.

The abandoned house that I call my hideout appeared in my vision far off in the distance. Its grayish color with hints of green from the moss and mold was on the walls on the outside. It was on stilts, giving the front and back door three steps to gain entrance to the house. Those steps at each door and the small porch at the front of the house creaked at any weight from anything, including the wind. Said places also have holes from not liking the weight from me and I have fallen through, giving me small scratches from the incidents.

From how high I am in the air, you could see the other abandon houses around the area. It didn't make sense on why anyone would leave such a beautiful place. No one could bother you except your neighbors and there wasn't anybody for miles upon miles. Peace and quiet.

All the other houses were different shapes and styles but all had the small run down look to them. It was sad to see something in this state like this and made no sense.

This was the perfect spot to hide from someone hunting you down; the land is flat and gave you the opportunity to be able to see if there was someone coming. This spot was great for me as I'm that creature being hunted down.

Now paranoid if there was anyone following me from the air or ground, I push down my wings harder to gain speed. It didn't help with duffel bag blocking the wind from gliding smoothly over my scales; it's not aerodynamic at all.