Chapter Thirty-Eight

I wake late the next morning. Pats arm is wrapped around my waist and my face is against his chest. I pull back and look up at his face. He looks so peaceful in his sleep, his normally stressed face is relaxed, and he looks at peace. In this moment I can't think of a reason in the world why I broke up with him.

I love him and he loves me, that's all that should matter. He's everything that I'm not, he's relaxed while I'm uptight, he's abiding while I'm stubborn, and he's shy while I'm outgoing. He completes me and I don't know why I ever tried to keep myself from him.

I trace my finger along his jaw line and plant a light kiss to his lips. He opens his eyes a little and gives me a half smile.

"What was that for?" He asks in a half awake voice. "I just wanted to kiss you." I say as my cheeks flush. "Then you should have woke me up so you could get a good kiss." He says with a smirk. My cheeks get a dark red and I look away.

"We should probably get up. I wanted to go to Clark's water park today." I tell him. "Clark's water park?" Pat asks. "Yeah. You know that new water park that opened in Sampson, a few cities over." I tell him as if he should already know that.

"Can I go with you?" He asks as he gives me the puppy dog face. "I wasn't planning on going alone. I was gonna ask everyone to come along." I say. "Ok." He says as he jumps up pulling me with him.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask as I laugh at him. "Cause I get to see your sexy ass in a bikini." He says.

He eyes my body and looks me up and down. I bite my lip and look in his eyes, then down to his lips, then back in his eyes.

"Don't do that." He says in a husky voice. "Do what?" I ask innocently. "Bite your lip, it makes you look so innocent and it's such a turn on." He says at he eyes me hungrily.

I blush and his words cause me to just bite my lip even harder. Pat looks at my lips then suddenly pushes down on the couch. He puts his lips against my neck and leaves a trail of kisses until he gets to my ear.

"Do you have any idea what you do to me?" He asks in a low voice. He takes my hand and slowly has it travel down his body and has it stop on the bulge in his pants.

"Do you see what you cause? You're such a turn on and you don't even know it." He says as he let's go of my hand, but I don't remove it from it's spot.

He travels his hands up my body towards my chest and I can feel his bulge growing by the second. Just before he reaches my chest I hear my phone ring.

"Ignore it." He says against my ear before he attacks my neck in kisses. He hits my sweet spot and I let out a small moan. I hear my phone ring again so I reach over and pick it up.

"H-hello." I say in a shaky voice. "Hey Abbi, it's Jace." The caller says. "H-hey J-Jace." I stutter out as Pat continues his attack on me.

"Is this a bad time?" Jace asks. "N-" I start. "Yes." Pat finishes as he leans back from me. "I can call back later." Jace says uncomfortably. "No it's fine. What is it?" I ask.

"I was just wondering if you've seen Haley. She said she was heading over here to see how you were doing but that was 4 hours ago." Jace says. "Did she drive?" I ask. "Nope. She said she could walk because it wasn't that far." Jace tells me. "

I haven't seen her but I could walk the path that she took to see if I see her. Did she walk from your house or hers?" I ask. "Hers." He tells me. "Alright. Well I'll talk to you later." I tell him then I hang up.

"You wanna walk with me?" I ask Pat. "Sure." He says. I can tell he's not happy about us being interrupted.

We get up and head outside after I grab my jacket. We walk side by side and after a minute Pat grabs my hand and gives me a small smile.

"Abbi, I've been wandering something." He says wearily. "Yeah." I say. "Do you wanna go out with me again? Cause I still love you and wanna date you.... Do you even still love me?" He asks quietly.

I stop dead in my tracks causing Pat to stop too. I look up at him as if he is crazy, then grab the back of his neck pulling him towards me. I connect our lips for a brief but passionate kiss, then I pull away.

"Of course I still love you. You'd be crazy to think I would ever stop wanting you, I will always love you. And I don't know why I ever broke up with you. It was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made." I rush out then look at the ground. "Can we just act like we never broke up and go back to how things were?" Pat asks hopefully. "I'd like that." I tell him.

We walk for a little longer when we end up at Haley's house. We knock on the door but no one answers.

"Maybe she just went out somewhere. She's obviously not here and we didn't see her along the way." Pat says. "Yeah maybe." I say uncertainly.

We head back towards my house when my phone rings. I pull it out an see that it's Meredith, so I answer.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask. "It-it's Haley." Meredith says shakily as she cries. "What about Haley? Meredith, what happened?" I ask scared. "She-she's dead. They just found her body in the creek." Meredith manages to say.

"What?! N-no..." I say as I fall to my knees. "Abbi, you should know.... She was on her way to tell you something very important." Meredith says. "What was it?" I asks.

"She was pregnant Abbi." Meredith says before hanging up.