Stage 1:introductions

"Remember Jax, this is an important task. we have tracked the cult down to Engima. i have faith that you will succeed in the task of finding the cults exact location so we can launch a full on raid once you find the location."

those were the last words of my captain before i left on my 3 month journey to Engima. i have not seen my friends or family since i said my goodbyes on the day i left. Im writing here to document my journey in Enigma, also as a reference to look back for when i need help.  my captain, Gwent, has sent me on a task of importance. My exact task it to locate the Disciples of magic, a cult located in the province of Enigma.

Let me tell you about Enigma before i talk about the cult.

Engima is said to have been full of magic. but the legends say there was a battle between a wizard and a beast from the nine hells. the battle was said to last for so long, and the magic power used during it was so powerful that it destroyed the magic in the land. now, the magic there is unstable, if anyone uses it, there is a chance it will backfire and kill the user. Its so bad that it has been banned in all major citys due to no one wanting the civilians or town to be destroyed.

The disciples of magic have been in enigma ever since the event happened. there are rumors that they can even control magic, which makes them powerful. but they are very secretive, only coming out of the shadows when neccasary. the guild i'm a part of is dedicated to wiping them out. the thing about them is that when they do come out, they do major damage. but they cover there tracks well, so people only assume they are common bandits. i know better.

There are 4 major city's in enigma. Skeld, Crux, Mystigan, And the capitol or the province, Enigma. As I said before all magic is banned in the city's, due to how dangerous it is.

"Sir, we have made it to Mystigan. Would you like me to get your luggage?" the crewmate asked

"Yes, take it to the tavern I rented for the week." I said

"Alright sir, it will be there right away."

I got off the boat with My satchel on my back and headed to the port town of mystigan, looking at the beautiful city and the ocean right next to it. The city was made of stone and mahogany wood with wonderful architecture and craftsmanship.

I saw a very short stout man, who looked to be about 4"7', marching towards me. He had a long top hat, a green jacket, and a long beard.

"Hello my good sir! I am the mayor of mystigan, I heard we have a new visitor today, an adventurer I heard. I heard you we're of importance, being from all the way in kumori."

"Hello mayor, I didn't catch your name"

"My name is mavron. As I said before I am the mayor of mystigan. I would like to show you around the city and give you a tour of my pride and joy.

"I would appreciate that mayor, in would be happy to be given a tour"

Mavron urged me to follow him, so i started following him around the city into the main square.

"I'm sure you already know, magic is unstable here, and magic is banned in all major capitols here."

"Of course I do, I studied about this place before I traveled here. I don't want to seem rude because I'm not doing certain customs here that you do and I don't."

"I appreciate that. It is very helpful when someone reads up in places before they visit them. Anyway this is the town square. Here is where the bounty board is. That is where you can obviously take certain jobs and such if you so desire."

"Good, I will have a way of sustaining myself here and have fun doing it"

"The thing about bounty here is that you can only have one at a time. And you must go to the bounty keeper to confirm that you are doing that specific bounty. We don't want someone taking all the bounty for himself on the board now do we!"

"That would be bad for business now wouldn't it..."

The mayor seemed very frantic, as if he needed to be somewhere, even though he went out of his way to meet with me. I don't think I should pressure him about it, he might be stressed right now, being the mayor of a bustling city and all.

"I'm very impressed with the city, i see you care about it and it's people a lot"

"Yes, yes. I do love it. Anyway, I have matters to attend to, I hope you enjoy your stay here!"

He waddled off back to what looked like the town hall, and I was left in the town square. And I looked around more and I could see the entire town centralized around here. There were inns and taverns, stores and mom and pop shops, vendors, it was bustling. 

And I looked at the bounty board, I assume I will be spending most of my time there so I can afford for food and rent here. But that doesn't matter righ now. It's getting late and I'm getting very sleepy, so I'll go to the tavern I'm staying at now and head to bed.