Chapter 1 - Turning point

And there it was, my life was turned 180 degrees. At first it was just me in my room, singing songs by other artists, posting it on youtube. Now, it's on the road, singing my own songs and performing. I felt like my whole life was changed in an instant. Lili, who is my manager now, 'accidentally' stumbled across one of my videos and offered me a contract, which at first I couldn't believe. Then later on, I got to be an opening act for Shawn Mendes. I literally screamed (and almost cried) when I first got that news, I looked up to Shawn a lot.

I wouldn't even imagine of having a personal make-up artist and now I do have one, crazy right? Her name is Stella. She is my best friend on the road and we would talk a lot when she does my make up. Being an opening act for Shawn Mendes can sound really scary, I mean I wouldn't even consider myself as a professional and here I am opening up for THE Shawn Mendes. Not many people watch my youtube videos, so some may not know me since I'm new to this whole thing. And don't forget about the nervousness on stage. Videoing at home is nothing compared to the stage. I'm comfortable at home where there aren't million people in front of my face watching me. Shawn was really nice though, we even became good friends, he also gave me some tips on being on stage and it really helped me.

I've written a few songs back at home on holidays which really impressed Lili. After a few contacts, Lili and I finally went to the studio and I recorded some of my own songs. Now I'm able to show them to the world. The first time my song "Up and Away" was played on the radio, I freaked out. The new life I'm having definitely needs time to get used to. The paparazzi following you around, a stranger looks at you and starts screaming, then you realize that they're just a fan. The traveling part is really fun though, I like being on the road and going to places that I haven't been before. The tight schedules and interviews, and definitely being far away from my home and family. But I'm thankful that I get to do what I really love.

"(y/n)! You're up in 5!" Freddie, my stage manager, knocked my dressing room's door.

"Okay, in a minute." I said loudly, "Do I look okay?" I asked Stella, "Duh! You always do! Good luck out there!" She patted my back, "What would I do without you?" I laughed and went out.

I stood backstage and took deep breaths, "You're ready?" Freddie asks holding his ipad, "Y-yeah," I said nervously. He pushed my back towards the stage, "Go! Go!" he said as I ran to the dark stage. Lights began to turn on as the intro of my song started to play, and that's where I begin,

"GOOD EVENING LOS ANGELES!"