4 weeks later

After 4 weeks of music and songwriting lessons, Ms Sedraïa told me I had grown into a confident young woman. My aunt thought so too. She also said that she is going to perform at a concert here in Los Angeles on the 30th of August, and she wanted me and my aunt as her VIP guests. She informed us that she will send the passes on the day before the event. Until then, she will keep helping me practice but only for an hour so that she could prepare for the concert.

Except, there was about to be no concert at all.

The day before the big event, Ms Sedraïa became ill, really ill. She was unable to sing for her fans the next day. "Do you remember rule no.1 of any concert Hazel?" she asked when we came to visit her.

"No matter what, the show must go on." I recited, "But how can you perform if you can't sing?" I asked.

"I thought about this and I believe you are ready for your 1st show." She replied.

"No way!" I exclaimed. "There's going to be so many people there! How can I even speak in front of them?"

"You told me that you wanted to build your confidence when you came to Los Angeles. If you can sing in front of me, your aunt, and some of my colleagues, you can sing to an audience.
Just imagine that I'm there too."

In the end I agreed to perform for her audience.