one.angels

────── » x « ──────❝ do you believe in angels? ❞────── » x « ──────

────── » x « ──────
❝ do you believe in angels? ❞
────── » x « ──────

I remember it was raining and across the street I saw a boy. He's been standing there for hours, actually, he stands in that spot at the same time every single day and every single day I noticed him. But, today, instead of catching the bus home I decided I wanted to stand there too.

It's quiet, he's quiet, and still, and unmoving and yet his mind is deeply occupied. I can tell by the pain locked behind his pretty pupils. They were pretty, so, so, so pretty with one pupil being a dark gray, a gray that could stir up a storm and the other an ice blue. The type of blue I wanted to drown in. Yes, they were pretty but they were sad and I wondered what it was that pained him so.

On my side of the street, he's a million miles away. Something draws me to him. A magnetic pull, a gravitational tug, the universe or destiny or fate, whatever it was I knew I was suppose to be here. The reason I was born was for this very purpose, to meet this boy in time. I am sure of it.

My fingers gripped the handle of the umbrella, I could hear the drumming of my heart in my ears and I wondered what I would say to him as I cross the street. I didn't know much about him since I only knew what I have heard. I heard he was the strongest, smartest student in our school and he was going to U.A. On a recommendation. What could little old me say to someone so aspiring?

I stopped, standing beside him and with the confidence and courage of a hero, I held the umbrella over his head.

What could little old me possibly say? I asked myself, rain after rain chasing one another much like the silent tears that ran down his cheeks. Why are you crying?

"Do you believe in angels?" I heard myself ask,"whenever it would rain my mother used to tell me that the angels were crying. All my life I wondered why. Were they happy? Were they sad? Why were they crying? She never told me why."

I blabbered, I didn't expect him to respond to my blabbering but, he glanced at me, his pretty eyes locking onto mines, piercing me like a knife in the night.

And that was how I met Todoroki Shouto, he was crying and the angels were crying with him.