0.10 - 'Of AJ"

Third Person

Third Person

31st December

12:30 pm

"Well, you're definitely gonna be late for your staff meeting, maybe if we go now we might make it. Obviously, you were distracted." he mused. " Ashton fuck off". He burst out into a fit of laughter.

 " Yes, you certainly did."

"Ashton I swear to God, I had a lapse."

"You keep telling yourself that, baby girl."

"That was the last time,"

"You said that two rounds ago."

Karis was left with her thoughts maybe this could work or should she run away now to save their feelings.

Karis proved that she could fall head over heels for someone else, she was engaged.
Ashton found it hard to connect to anyone else as much as he did Karis, not that he didn't have other relationships between their large sum of breaks. It made Karis feel like she was responsible if anything happened she would blame herself.

They loved each other. The kind of love reserved for a few people, the kind of one of a kind rom-com love not nearly as destined as soul mates but just so right for each other it was wrong to be apart. To love someone so much was dangerous in this kind of way, it's toxic.

An eerie silence ran over them which was interrupted by Karis' phone ringing. Karis shot him a glare and answered. "Hey Nate" Ashton grabbed his car keys, dragged on his sweatpants and asked one of the maids to send someone to grab his bag from his Bentley, Karis heard the lift open and close and glanced over her shoulder. She had a sheet held up to her body.

"Have you seen AJ, he is not answering his phone?" Nate asked groggily.

"Yeah, he is here," she replied. "Oh," Nate responded surprised. 

"Why, what's up?" She asked. "I was supposed to meet him this morning, I can't go to his birthday thing." Ashton returned with a towel around his waist and a smirk on his face. Looking at how the sheet hung loosely from her body Karis ignored his hungry stare and outstretched the phone towards him.

 She was sure they wouldn't be friends after this last trail run. She was trying to enjoy every bit of having him in her life because she didn't know how long it would last.

Fear. Karis was scared this relationship could cost Ashton his life.

He clutched her phone hugging her from behind and tucked her head under his chin. "Hello?" Ashton drew the white sheet off of her and bit his lip.

Earlier he had told the head maid to leave and not to send anyone to the suite today.

"Yeah, I'm sorry" He cupped Karis' core she rolled her head against his shoulder and shuddered a moaned. "Make it up to me another time," he continued while stroking softly. Not that he wanted to rush her but having her this close, he knew he was slowly losing his mind.