Chapter 7

"You're pregnant?" Adam asked, shock.

Christina nodded,"Yeah, I'm, I'm pregnant," she confirmed.

"Wow," Adam said, his mind going completely blank momentarily.

Christina gave a small, sad smile,"You can leave now. I know you want to. Just, just let me turn away, because I don't wanna' see it happen," she said, walking back into the bathroom to throw the pregnancy test in the trash can. She came back a minute later, definitely expecting to see that Adam had left, but he was still sitting on her bed, just looking at her, a soft expression on his face.

Adam shook his head,"I'm not going anywhere, Chris. I already told you that," he said, reaching his arms out to her, signaling for her to come to him.

She did, sitting on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck, and laying her head on his shoulder,"Promise?" she asked weakly. Frankly, this vulnerability was shocking to Adam. He had never seen her like this, so soft and vulnerable. Definitely not the badass, tough diva that he was used to seeing.

Adam wrapped his arms around her tightly, securely, comfortingly,"I promise, baby. This may not have been planned, but, hey, I already said that I wanted to make super babies with you. I guess it just happened a little sooner than either of us thought it would," he said, smiling as she looked up at him.

Christina gave him a small smile,"Are you sure?" she asked, looking deeply in his eyes for any regret, and not finding any.

Adam nodded,"I'm sure, baby. We are going to be just fine," he said, leaning down and kissing her softly once, twice, three times.

Christina turned on his lap, straddling him,"Let's finish what we started," she said, leaning forward and attaching her lips to his pulse.

Adam moaned,"God, I like the way you think, baby," he said as she made a decent sized hickey. Christina pulled away, pulling his shirt over his head and tossing it behind her, then placing butterfly kisses all over his chest,"Shit, Christina, I need you," Adam said, turning and placing her gently on the bed, keeping the little one growing inside of her in mind, and grinning as he grasped the waistband of her panties, preparing to pull them down.

At that moment, there was a knock on their bedroom door,"Mommy?" Max called through the wood.

"Fucking shit," Adam growled, falling back on the bed in frustration as Christina got up off the bed, opening the door.

"What's wrong, honey?" she asked her son.

"I had a bad dream," Max mumbled, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Awh, baby," Christina pouted sadly, pulling him towards her, and lifting him into her arms.

"Baby, you shouldn't be lifting him," Adam warned.

Christina smiled at his protectiveness, but didn't put her son down, instead she carried him back to his room, laying him in bed, tucking him in, and sitting with him until he fell asleep again,"Love you, buddy," she whispered, kissing his head and leaving the room, heading back into her bedroom.

Adam was laying under the covers, watching TV as he waited for her to return, and she crawled under the covers next to him, allowing him to pull her impossibly close, feeling the heat radiating off of his body,"He asleep?" Adam asked.

Christina nodded, yawning,"Yeah, I got him to go back to sleep," she said, kissing him deeply.

"We don't have to have sex tonight, babe," Adam said once she pulled away.

Christina looked at him,"You don't wanna' have sex? It's been three weeks, Adam. I know you're about to lose your damn mind," she said, leaning in to kiss him again.

Adam put his finger to her lips,"Baby, I know you don't want to, though. Look at you, you're exhausted. We can just sleep tonight, cuddle, talk about the future. Tomorrow morning, though, after you get your full night's rest, I am ravaging you," he said, removing his finger and kissing her softly.

Christina sighed,"You know I want to, right?" she asked.

Adam nodded,"Yeah, baby. I know. You want to as much as I do, and tomorrow morning, we're both going to get exactly what we want, I promise you that," he said, smiling suggestively at her. Christina laughed, and then things went quiet for a moment. The couple just laid there for a moment, going through the events of the day, replaying the last hour over and over again, trying comprehend the news they had gotten. A baby? Really? They were going to have a baby, together? "This is really happening," Adam said absentmindedly.

Christina nodded against his chest, where her head was resting,"Baby, this is really happening," she confirmed.

Adam looked down at her, smiling,"Do you think it's a boy or a girl?" he asked.

Christina chuckled,"Adam, I'm not even a month into my pregnancy, hell if I know what sex it is," she said.

"Come on, Chris, don't you, like, just have a feeling?" Adam asked.

Christina sighed, thinking for a moment, moving her hand to her not-flat-for-long belly, and rubbing gently,"I don't know what it is, but I really hope it's a girl," she said.

"I hope it is too," Adam replied, moving one of his hands to rest over hers, on her stomach.

"We should probably visit the doctor in the morning, just to make sure it wasn't a false positive," Christina said.

Adam nodded,"We can go to the doctor, but it will probably be more like afternoon by the time we get out of bed," he said seductively, placing a single kiss to the top of her head.

Christina smirked,"Alright, so we'll go tomorrow, if we ever make it out of bed," she said, kissing his chest lightly. After that, the couple snuggled together, giving in to the exhaustion that had seemed to suddenly hit them.

"I like the name Rylee," Adam mumbled, half asleep. He got no response, and thought that Christina must already be out,"I love you, baby," he said, kissing the top of her head again,"And I love you, baby," he said, rubbing her stomach lightly.

Christina's heart melted,"We love you too, honey," she replied, allowing herself to drift off.