Chapter 9

"Why are you so nervous?" Adam asked as he walked with Christina into the doctor's office. It was time for their second appointment, which meant it had been two and a half months since they found out Christina was pregnant, and Christina was a little over three months along, and beginning to show. Things had been going well, Adam had basically moved his entire house to Christina's, and he had barely left her side for more than 20 minutes in the last two and a half months, just as he had promised.

Christina sighed as she sat down,"Adam, we are about to see our baby on that screen for the first time. You don't realize how special it is, until it happens, but i guarantee you, Mr. Badass, will be crying," she said, allowing him to take her hand.

Adam gave a small smile,"I guess it is pretty special," he said softly, his smile changing into a smirk,"But I'm not going to cry," he insisted.

Christina chuckled,"We'll see, tough guy," she said, just as the nurse came out, calling them back. Christina and Adam made their way to the back room, still holding hands as they took their seats, just as they had done almost three months ago. The nurse promised the doctor would be there shortly, leaving the room. Christina eyed the ultrasound machine, smiling softly as she absentmindedly rubbed her hand over her now-growing baby bump.

"Hey guys, how are we doing?" the doctor asked, walking in and closing the door behind her.

Christina smiled,"Great," she replied simply, climbing onto the examination table and laying down, ready to see her baby.

"Are you going to be able to tell us the sex today?" Adam asked, standing up and walking beside Christina, taking her hand again as the doctor got the gel.

"It all depends on the baby's position, really. It's a possibility, but I won't know for sure until we get the picture up on the screen," she said as Christina unbuttoned her pants, pulling them down slightly, and lifting up her shirt before laying back,"This is going to be cold," the doctor warned, before squirting the gel on Christina.

Christina gasped,"Shit, you're never really prepared for that," she seethed.
Adam chuckled,"It's worth it, though," he said, kissing her softly as the doctor got the monitor up and running, trying to move where she could get a good picture.

The doctor finally got to where she could see, and leaned closer to the screen, to get a better look,"Well, I don't know for sure, but it looks like you guys have two baby girls growing in there," she finally concluded.

Christina smiled, looking at Adam,"A baby girl, just what-" she started, stopping abruptly,"Wait, did you just say two?" she asked, looking back at the doctor, shocked.

The doctor smiled, simply nodding,"Two," she replied.

"You mean, like, twins?" Christina asked.

The doctor chuckled,"Yes, like, twins, and healthy twins at that," she said.
"Holy shit," Christina and Adam said at once.

The doctor smiled at them,"I'll go get some pictures for you," she said, leaving the room.

Once she left, Adam pulled Christina into a deep kiss, and she could feel the tears running down his cheeks, mixing with her own tears,"I love you," he said, pulling away, but resting his forehead lightly on Christina's.

"I love you, too," Christina replied, smiling broadly. She reached up, wiping the tears from his eyes,"Not gonna' cry my ass," she said with a chuckle.

Adam shrugged,"I guess you were right," he said simply.

Christina smirked,"I'm always right," she said with a wink, leaning in to give him a soft kiss, pulling away when the doctor walked back in, handing her pictures of her babies (daughters if the doctor was right).

"The babies had a strong heartbeat, and everything looked normal. You can just get cleaned up, pay at the front desk, and you'll need to schedule another appointment for about three months from now. Then, I will be able to definitively tell you the sex of your babies," the doctor explained,"And again, congratulations, guys," she said, walking out of the room.

Adam helped Christina get the gel off of her with some paper towels, and then buttoned her pants for her, pulling her shirt down and helping her off of the examination table before sweeping her into an earth shattering kiss,"We need to come up with another name," he said once he pulled away, out of breath.

Christina chuckled,"I think there's plenty of time for that," she replied, taking his hand as they walked out of the room. They paid at the front desk, as they had last time, and scheduled another appointment, before heading back to Adam's car.

"I guess it's about time to tell everyone that you're pregnant," Adam said as he started the car.

Christina laughed,"We could just wait until I become the size of a semi truck, they would probably just figure it out on their own, and we wouldn't have to tell them," she suggested.

Adam chuckled,"I don't think that would go over well," he replied.
Christina shrugged,"It was worth a shot," she said simply, looking out the window.

"We could call Cee Lo and tell him, no big deal, but I think we should tell Blake and Miranda face to face," Adam said.

Christina nodded,"Maybe we could have them over for dinner some time this week," she suggested, looking at him.

Adam nodded,"That sounds like a great plan," he replied.

Christina smiled at him warmly, leaning over the console to plant a kiss on his cheek, leaving a red lipstick mark, as she always did,"You ready for this?" she asked, sitting back in her seat, resting a hand over her baby bump.

"Chris, telling them won't be that hard, I'm sure they will be stoked," Adam responded.

Christina shook her head,"No, this. These babies. Being a father for the first time," she clarified.

Adam sighed,"I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be," he said.

Christina furrowed her eyebrows in confusion,"Are you changing your mind about wanting these babies?" she asked.

Adam shook his head furiously,"No, no, of course not. I'm just nervous. Like you said, I've never been a father, I've never even really had much experience with babies, and here I am, getting ready to be the father of two," he said.

Christina took his free hand, squeezing his hand gently,"You're going to be a great daddy," she assured him.

Adam shrugged as he pulled in to her driveway,"I hope so," he said simply, getting out of the car and going to the passenger side to help Christina out of the car.

Christina took Adam's hand, being gently pulled out of the car,"Don't worry, as soon as you see their little faces, it will just come naturally," she assured him again, kissing him softly.