12

"kookie, open up!" taehyung shouted, knocking on his door for the umpteenth time.

"fine then." He angrily huffed, pulling out the spare key and unlocking the door.

it was eerily quiet. usually he's at least have music playing, sometimes he'd even sing along.

"i just wanted to say i'm sorry-" he stopped himself as he saw the note on the floor. what was that?

"5/3/18

dear kim taehyung,

please come to the place you took me when i wanted to hide. if you don't come by 12 am, i'm jumping.

i love you.

more than a friend,
more than you'd ever know.

-jeon jungkook."

he gasped in horror and ran outside to his car, driving to the specified area.

"please wait for me." he whispered as he pulled up. he has two minutes left, so he ran to where he'd always went.

jungkook was standing on the cliff, ready to jump.

"jungkook!" he shouted, in hopes of stopping him.

five seconds.

he ran towards him.

four seconds.

he couldn't run fast enough.

three seconds.

please wait for me, jungkook.

two seconds.

he stretched his arm out.

one second.

he was ten feet away.

it's 12 am.

he hadn't reached him in time.

jungkook had jumped and taehyung's fingers had grazed over jungkook's jacket.

he fell to the floor and cried.

"jungkook!" He wailed, looking down, only to see the waves crashing against the side of the tall, rocky cliff.

"i didn't even get to tell him i loved him!"

just a little longer, and i still could've held you in my arms. goodbye kookie, i love you.