02

Good thing then. So let's talk about how you guys got together. What's the story? What made you like each other in the first place?

[They took some time thinking]
C: For me, it was when we met for the Gayo Daejun 2016 accoustic performance's rehearsal. It was the first time I got up close and personal with her. I mean, I know we're not alone but it's the first time being together in the same place for quite a while. Her talent blew me away. Also her personality. She plays guitar. She can cook. I love her voice. She's so pretty. (grinning sheepishly)
[Rosé shook her head while also tried to hide her shy smile]
C: I tried to get close after the performance but it seemed that we only crossed each other paths by attending and performing in those year end award shows. And everytime we met we would just give greetings to each other. There was no way we could talk more under those watchful eyes. Plus, she was really cool to me. Her disinterest in me only made me want to pursue her more.
R: Well I was just a rookie back then, and he's my sunbaenim. I really didn't think of love or dating back then. Besides the fact that all of us were in a dating ban, I was really into focusing to music and nothing else. Plus who would've thought the famous Park Chanyeol sunbaenim has feelings for me? I'd probably think you're just joking.
C: Yeah I know. That's why I took my time contacting her. I thought I was going crazy for waiting that long. (he's messing his own hair) Hmm you didn't think I'd fall for you? (smiling like an idiot) How naive. Fyi you had and still have a lot of fan boys. (teasing her)
R (trying to ignore him though her face was red): I of course rejected him at first. A few times actually.
C: That hurts! She rejected me a million times. (putting both hands over his heart) 

You weren't discouraged?

C: No. I'm not the type to give up easily. (saying it firmly with a thin shy smile) 

And Rosé-ssi why did you change your mind in the end? 

R: Ah. I eventually grew tired of rejecting him. He's really persistent. I thought to my self if he wasn't that serious--if he was only joking, he would have given up by then, right? He even knew my dating ban but kept on pursuing me. And this happened for a full year. (her face already red)
C: Wait you haven't answered yet! What made you like me?
R: Ah that question has passed.
C (pouting): Not fair.
R: Uhm... Because of your persistency?
C: That's it?
R: Because you're like a human beagle.
C: And?
R: You can cook.
C: And?
R: You have a really nice voice.
C: Go on.
R: Oh my God I know where this is leading. You just want me to say it out loud.
[Chaenyol nodded mischeviously]
R: Agh fine. You. Are. Handsome. Happy?
C: That's it! Whooo~ (clapping his hands)
R: Our fans might think I'm shallow now. (pouting)
C: Aah no worries. They know you're not. I was aiming at your fanboys. (patting Rosé's head ever so gently with a wide grin) 

Did you guys dated immediately then? 

R (waving her hand frantically): No. No.
C: Did we not? Well actually during the whole year she rejected me she was still kind enough to stay as friends. We talked from time to time although she made it clear that I was in the friend zone. She even only called me sunbaenim during those times. Ugh. (looking frustrated but happy it was all in the past)
R: Uhm I guess the line from friends to being lovers was kind of blurry after that... He didn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend, but one day he just started calling me 'jhagiya'. (saying the last word with almost a whisper)
C: And you didn't protest. So I consider it the day my lo--I mean affection was finally accepted.

So how long did you guys succeed in dating secretly before your friends knew? I'm guessing a few inner circle friends must've known this for a while. 

R: My members found out after only two months of dating! (closing her mouth trying to contain her smile)
C: She clearly doesn't know the meaning of secret. (trying to look annoyed)
R: I mean I only have those three girls to depend on if ever something happens, right? We always have each other's back. And truthfully, dating in secret while having a dating ban is really hard. I really needed and wanted their support. Lucky for me they accepted it without a fuss.
[Chanyeol squeezed her hand briefly]