Chapter 125: Preparations Complete

"Yuuto . . . Yuuto!" 

I heard a voice call my name and I woke up with a start. I looked at where the voice was and saw Iris right next to my bed. 

"Oh. Morning, Iris," I yawned.

"Yuuto, it's a little past the afternoon," She told me.

"Huh?" 

I looked at my watch to check what time it was. Crap, she's right. 

When I saw the time, it was almost one O'clock in the afternoon. Man, I was really tired, wasn't I?

I quickly got up from my bed and went downstairs along with Iris. When I got downstairs, I saw Yuno and Kenji working behind the desk for any customers. 

"Master, you're awake," Kenji noticed me.

"Geez! You've been sleeping all day!" Yuno got mad at me. 

"Sorry about that. I overdid it yesterday so I was exhausted more than I thought," I apologized to them.

"It's alright, Master. It's a good thing that you took some time to rest," Kenji told me. 

"Well, thanks. Anyway, hows it looking?" I asked.

"We've gone through about a couple dozen customers. There were a few rude customers but we took care of them," Yuno informed me. 

I didn't want to know what they did so I didn't ask. It seemed that Yuno and Kenji had everything under control so while they were holding the fort, I decided to head back to the Base to see how the combat bots were doing.

Iris wanted to come along as well so I let her follow me back to the Base. We went to the door and were now at the base.

"Good afternoon, Master," Elizabeth greeted us.

"Hey, Elizabeth. How are the Combat Bots coming along?" I asked.

"Despite their inability to talk, Gear and Anne have notified us about the completion of the Combat Bots."

"Good. I'd like to see it." 

"Certainly." 

Elizabeth then guided us to the factory room where Gear and Anne were in charged. Once we got to the room, I opened it up and saw the Combat Bots all lined up. 

All of the Combat Bots were painted in green camouflage like I asked for. They even had the weapons I made for them equipped.

When the Bots saw me, they stood at attention and saluted at me. I was taken aback by this and somewhat disturbed and nervous. 

I didn't know what to say after this scene so I tried to say what was necessary. 

"Good work, Gear, Anne. You did well," I told my two Construction Bots.

They both bowed as a sign of appreciation. Yeah, I'm going to install voice boxes for them because it's just not working out.

After that was done, I turned towards the hundred Combat Bots. They were still saluting which made me uncomfortable.

"Uh, that's enough. You can stop saluting now,"

At my command, the Combat Bots stopped saluting. 

. . . This is kind of awkward. I really don't know what to say now. 

"O-okay. As you all know, you were built for one purpose and one purpose only. You were created to fight an army and that's what you're going to do soon. I'll make a room for all of you to standby until you are needed." 

Once I was done telling them that, I left the Factory room so I could make a room for the Combat Bots. I found an empty room down the hall and soon started to make it available for my Combat Bots. 

I went into the empty room and used Space Magic. I was thinking of making a big base for them but I thought of something even better. 

When I used Space Magic, I created an alternate world the size that was meant for a battlefield. It was a massive grassy plain along with other terrains with different environments.

I didn't want the Combat Bots to just wait around so I decided to let them practice their battle strategy. I also added a little base for them to camp out. 

Once I was done with their battleground room, I left and went back to the Factory room to inform them. I also told Gear and Anne to install voice boxes for all the Combat Bots and the Construction Bots.

After that, I would install voice boxes for them too. 

Okay, everything was going well so far. I turned to Iris who was silent the entire time. 

She didn't even comment on the Combat Bots. She was giving off a shocked and scared expression.

"You okay, Iris?" I asked her. 

Iris turned to me while still having that fearful face.

"Y-Yuuto, what do you plan to do with . . . Those bots?" She asked nervously.

"You mean the Combat Bots? I was planning to use them to fight the Spirits' army." I explained. 

"A-and after that?" 

"Well, if something like the Spirits' army happens again, then I would use them for that. Why?" 

Iris didn't say anything and stood there silent. I was somewhat worried about what she was thinking.

"Iris, what did you think I was going to do with the Combat Bots?" I asked.

"I-I thought you were going to take over a country . . . Or something." 

"Huh? Why would you think I would do that?" 

I was honestly surprised that she would think of something like that. I'm not some super villain that wants to rule the world. 

"Because . . . There was a prophecy," Iris muttered. 

"A prophecy? What was it about?" I asked. 

"A long time ago, one of the counties was attacked by a monster. This monster looked human but it wasn't. They soon discovered that the monster that invaded their country was some kind of machine known as an automaton." 

Hang on, why does this sound familiar? 

"Some people said that the attack was just an urban legend but others believe that it was real. That's when someone had a premonition. They witnessed that in the distant future, another automaton disaster will happen again but it won't be just one but an army of them. After seeing what you've built, I'm afraid of what might happen in the future." 

Iris hung her head while looking depressed. 

 . . . You gotta be kidding me. 

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!