TWELVE - Heartbeat

"Taylin, what are we going to do?!" Taylor said hysterically.

"Calm down. It's not that hard to take in. I mean, it's not everyday that you find out you're a werewolf," I say trying to calm her.

"Easy for you to say, you're gonna be Luna of this evil pack."

"What do you mean by 'evil pack', Taylor? What did Stevan say?"

"Oh so Alpha Dominic didn't tell you? This pack is against other packs. They were all rogues. Now they're the leaders of all rogues."

"He didn't mention that," I say in a light, denying voice as it was at the point where she was yelling at me.

"Oh no, but Stevan told me everything," her voice then softened into a hopeless pleading voice, "I just want to go back. Back to campus and to stalking Josh Harry and listening to his angelic voice, but now that I think of it...Stevan's voice was so soft and pure, and caring, and reassuring..."

She paused as she looked down. Her cheeks turned to rose as she smiled.

"You are so bipolar, do you know that? But you like him, I can see it." I stated as I cupped her cheeks with my hands.

She looked up to me and a tear rolled down her cheek. I wiped it away with my thumb then pulled her into a hug.

She only dated one guy and he broke her heart and left her merciless. Ever since, she never opened up to someone other than me and Catie. She's a real tough cookie and inspirational person. She's always so strong, when I'm not. Now it's time for me to be strong for her.

"Taylor, you are happy here. I can see it from a mile away. I know it's hard for you to accept it, but Stevan is not that other guy. He won't break your heart. I don't even know what happens to wolves when they don't accept their mates."

"It sounds like I'm making a scene over nothing?! You already accepted that you're a wolf and here I am freaking out!"

"Taylor," she didn't budge. She only freaked out more.

"Taylor," I said more stern.

"Taylor!" I yelled as I lightly slap her.

"Calm down, or if you'd like to consider sleeping outside rather than in here." She was finally quiet.

"Now that you got all your emotions out, I think you need a nap. Just to absorb everything." She layed down and crawled in between the covers. I walked to the door and closed it.

I stopped in the hall and leaned against the wall. God, I need a stress reliever, ASAP. I never yelled at Taylor before, she never went this hysterical before. I hope she's okay.

I set of to his room, he said he'll be there for me, so now I'll see if he really ment it. I opened the door to an empty room. Maybe, in the kitchen. And I was set off again. But no, the kitchen was clear. I walked outside and came across 2 men. I asked one if he'd seen Dominic, but denied. After a while of my search hunt, I decided to push my boundaries. The basement.

I made my way to a door that looked like it would lead to the basement. I placed my ear against the door to try and hear something.

I heard voices and movement, then when I focussed on the voices, I suddenly heard them like they were right next to me. I could hear every movement, every heartbeat, until I heard his. It was so professional. I started smelling an intoxicating smell. A smell of chocolate and berries.

'...their strong sense of smell..'

'...hearing..'

Until...

"Alpha, the assassination of the Blue Moon Pack is organised and we have allied with the Slouther Hound Pack. All we have to do now is attack."

I whispered a light "What?".

Then suddenly, I hear footsteps coming closer. The smell got stronger, Dominic. I quickly ran off like a toddler when their mother's going to catch them doing something wrong.

I was much faster than I remember. Luckily I got to my room and quickly, but silently, closed the door. His scent became stronger the closer he came, but soon weakened like he'd changed roots.

Where is he?

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

710 words