Chapter - 21 (her)

" What happened?" I ask Christian as I sit half naked on the bed. He's dressed up and smells so good and all I want him is back to the bed.
" I have to go to Boston, it is urgent."
Christian looks desperate, I fight the urge to tuck my arms around his neck and kiss him. I continue my interrogation.
" well for how long will you stay there?" I quickly put on my sweatshirt to avoid his heated gaze.
He is tormenting me in that charcoal grey suit. " I'll be gone for a whole week." I have to go to  office and head straight to the airport.

"okay, I hope you have a good flight! "
I turn on my fierce formal tone. I walk towards the front door.
I do not want to look at him right now.
"Hey, I am definitely going to miss you." God why? Why did he say that?
"Well you should Mr. Grey, and you will."
He smiles and and captures my lips and fire built up inside my body only to take me up in flames until I burned to ashes.
I watch him out of the window as he gets into his Audi.

I throw myself at work, I have to finish up the latest update presentation for the major client.
It's always important to do most of them myself because it's more personalized according to the clients business type and it gives a good impression that we give great care to each minute details they might like and want respectively.
It's almost lunch time and there's a text from Christian.
' In my suite, missing your gracious presence, Miss Cassel .'
He definitely reciprocated my feelings.
' Well Mr. Grey Anticipation is the key to great seduction. Miss you too. X'
He replied immediately.
' Thanks to you I almost choked on the shrimp I ordered. Are you trying to kill me Miss Cassel? '
I grinning like an idiot! How does he do that from half way across the country?
' Absolutely not . My actions may seem a little devilish but my intention are very noble Mr. Grey.
All Love. XX'
I wish I could see his reaction. Is his heart racing like me right now like I just went on a roller coaster ride?
I switched off my phone and attended four meetings back to back.
It was a hectic day and a horrible one without Christian Grey.
I check my phone for any notifications as I settle on my couch with a plate of couscous and halibut.
I like making halibut. It's fish basted with butter and asparagus on the side with some cauliflower puree.
It's tasty, healthy and light especially easy to cook.
There are texts from Christian and and Hailey. I read one from Christian.
' When you are home, call me. I called you but you were busy.'

"Hello, Christian?"
" Miss Cassel, so nice to hear from you again."
He sounded tired.
"How was your day?"
"It was terrible, thanks to your flirtatious texts, Miss Cassel."
I am blushing just like that?
I can't blame it, it's the Christian Grey effect as I call it.
"Thank you for your appreciation Mr. Grey. What's wrong Christian? You sounded desperate."
He doesn't answer. "Is it your nightmare Christian?"
No answer again. He's dead silent. I can hear his breathing hitched.
"How do you know?"
Sweetheart it's simple. I know you more than you know yourself.
"I just do, Christian , do you want to talk about it?"
"No, just talk to me about anything."
He said and sighs.
" Well Mr. Grey I have to say a million things to you let me get to my bed, just a sec."
A seductive idea pops up in my head.
I put the dishes in the dish washer and head upstairs.
I open my closet and fish out my silky PJs and put him on speaker.
"Mr. Grey I'll get back to you, I am just removing my shirt. I do it quickly with one deft move.
He takes a deep breath.
" Miss Cassel I know what you are doing. "
" Mr. Grey I can't hear you I am trying unhook my black push up bra. "
He chuckled. My heart skipped a beat.
"Mr. Grey it's very boring to remove my own black lacy underwear."
He makes a cute noise and I can imagine him pouting a little bit like he did the other day.
"Miss Cassel, you have no idea how much I am regretting to be not there with you."
Aww. How does he undone me like this in a split second.
"Christian, you know that I am missing you. But it's okay we'll meet each other sooner."
I put on a top and PJs.
"You always look cute in your PJs, Jenny."
"Christian I...."
Tears sting my eyes, it's not even a day and I miss him so much!
I hope he doesn't get another nightmare.
We talk and talk until  I give in to a heavy sleep.

It's Day Five , post Christian visit to Boston. Today I am going shopping finally with Hailey. I have a plane to catch in the evening to Milan.
I cannot miss Katrina's Bachelorette party. I have to buy some new dresses for the wedding and presents etc.
"Finally! Miss Genevieve Cassel, you look gorgeous!!!"
Hailey hugs me tight. God I have missed her a lot.
"You too Miss Hailey Adam's. You
look stunning! How was Australia? Looks like you had a great vacation time." Her hair is longer than before and her skin had beautiful natural tan.
" It was crazy Jenny! I met someone.
I can't believe how time flew by."
" Hailey! You know the rules! C'mon spill the beans! What's his name? "
I ask her as we enter Chanel. The interior is sleek and high fashion inclined. I scour through the racks.
" His name is Eric Lance and he's a Doctor, Pediatric. He's everything I have always wanted. He's not perfect but he's always  friendly and not a snob like some big money douché."
Did she implied Christian?
"Hey! Did you just talk about Christian being a douchebag?"
She laughs and continues
" I am kidding you dumbo! I know how much you feel for him, and genuinely he seems great and he's not a douché, he is very chivalrous and a gentleman."
We purchased three dresses and continued our quest to Ralph and Russo.
" How is everything between you and Christian. I really wanted to talk to you about everything but I have been so busy with work and... "
" And Eric. " I smirked to fill in the blank.
She's head over heels in love with him. He I can just see it in her eyes and her behaviour. She's a tough nut to crack. Like me. Not so easy and yet not so difficult. I smile as I tell her.
" Christian and I have been progressing a lot. We went to Jackson hole during new years. It was amazing and so beautiful like a fantasy."
"sounds fantastic! Me and Eric went for scuba diving in Great barrier reef in Queensland. We went on a boat and did fishing."
" Sounds fishy. Try telling boat, fishing and hot sex." I added as I slipped my feet into a garden of Eden collection stilettos. It's perfect. It has details of gold leaf on the heel and delicate gold leaf pattern on the shoe. I love it.

It matches perfectly with my peach colour dress for being the maid of honour

Christian hasn't called me yet. I sent him a text about my plans to go to the wedding.
We enter a restaurant and Hailey is still in shock to see my stilettos.
It was worth it. I order quickly.
" I will have a Moroccan lamb rack medium rare with asparagus and crushed potatoes. And she will have a tarragon citrus crusted Salmon and two glasses of Chardonnay."
We laughed about how stupid we used to be during our first year of college. Time goes by quickly.
My phone rings. It's Christian.
" Hi! I have been trying to reach you. "
" Jenny when are you going to Milan?"
He asked furiously. Why is he angry?
Maybe he is annoyed with the whole Boston thing.
"I have a flight in the evening. I'll call you as soon as I get there okay.?"
"I know you asked me to come to the wedding but I don't know if I can. This
matter is like a train wreck so I am not sure."
"Christian it's okay, you don't have to come and I totally understand if you can't because your work is very important and thousands of people are depending on you. So it's okay."
"Thank you, I have to go back and stay in touch. Bye Miss Cassel."
I feel like I was dragged back in to reality. Of course I can't force him. I just felt it would be so good to be with him in the place I learnt most. I wished he would see me in the beautiful dress and then peel it off my body and claim just like before.

Hailey is staying at my place while I am away. I am going to try and get my gloomy mind out of sadness again.
It's going to be a hell of a vacation.