August 28th

Sunday
1 am

Lance bites his lip as Keith's username enters his screen. He shakily clicks the green button and pushes the phone to his ear.
"Hey." A soft voice leaves the small device, making Lance's face turn completely red. Damn, his voice was pretty.
"Hey, let me just go downstairs. Everyone is asleep here." Lance whispers quietly, hopefully loud enough for Keith to hear.
"Okay." Keith sounded nervous and Lance could only understand why, as he was no different.

With shaky legs he tip-toes down the stairs and falls down onto the couch; laying on his back to make himself more comfortable.

Lance pinches his own arm before speaking. "I'm back."
"Good." Lance hears Keith taking in a deep breath, making him chuckle. "Whats so funny, Lance?"
Lance loves how Keith says his name with a small giggle in the back of his throat.

"You're just as nervous as me."
"Nervous? Me? Never!" Keith exclaims sarcastically. They both chuckle softly.
"Thanks for calling me. I know I'm practically a stranger, but agh LIFE!"
"I hear you loud and clear" Lance hears Keith sight through the phone.

"I'm just really done with everything." Lance says quietly, getting nothing more then a hum from Keith as a response.
"School is getting too much, my friend is too busy with his girlfriend and my parents are going on a holiday next week, leaving me alone with my brothers and sister."

Keith notices Lance voice getting more shaky by each word, but he decides to stay quiet. Lance speaks again:"I want to leave town so badly." Tears had started to build up in his eyes, but none have fallen.

"You could come here?" The question sounded more directed to someone else then to Lance. "Shiro just gave me a thumbs up, sooo.."

Lance swallowed, Marco is twenty, Luis is only fifteen and Veronica ten. Leaving them alone in the house didn't sound like a plan. And going to a strangers house for a week? And who is Shiro?

"You could come over to my house," Lance begins without even thinking twice about his words, "my brother and sister are too young to be home alone and I don't know if Marco would be home... So, yeah.."

He quickly pushes the mute button on his phone, afraid that he might start to ramble or cry. He hears Keith softly talking to another person, without actually understanding what they're saying. He assumes he is asking that Shiro guy.

"My foster brother said I could stay with you for a week. If that's still what you want." Keith mumbles the end of his sentence.

Foster-brother??? Maybe that's Shiro????

Lance bites his lip, "Is it okay if I text you about it? Maybe this week will go better.." Keith knows Lance is nervous about letting a stranger into his house, but he isn't going to force things. "And maybe that holiday alone with my siblings is exactly what I need?"

Keith chuckles, "Sure, Lance. Just text me, okay?"

"Will do."

"Bye Keith."

"Bye Lance."

End call.