Chapter 5

Before the story begins, I'm gonna answer a question I have been asked. As much as I love Klaus and Isadora together in the show, there will be no romantic feelings between them at all. They will be friendly, cause they're friends, but no romance. Also, Ellis will not get jealous by Klaus and Isadora's friendship. Ellis is not the kind of girl to worry and get jealous over stuff like that. Isadora is her best friend and Klaus will (obviously) become very important to her. She trusts them and knows they are just very good friends.

Anyways, I'll begin the story now

If someone ever tells you sneaking out of a janitors closet and into the schools kitchen was easy, they would be wrong

If someone ever tells you sneaking out of a janitors closet and into the schools kitchen was easy, they would be wrong. Despite the short distance, it took me fifteen minutes to arrive at the kitchen. Principle Nero decided to roam the campus, and I barely managed to avoid him. I had to hide out in the laundry room, which smelled absolutely disgusting. I'm not sure any of those clothes in there have been washed for years.

"Ellis, you made it." Violet greets with a smile.

"Of course." I reply, smiling as well. "Sorry I'm late, Nero decided to go for a walk and almost caught me."

Klaus steps forwards, a concerned look on his face. "Are you okay?"

I nod. I turn back to Violet. "So, what do you need me to do?" She instructs me to find something big enough to resemble Sunny. Searching through the cabinets, I find a bag of flour. Deciding it'll do, I quickly grab it. Violet nods in approval when I bring it to her, attaching it to the feet like contraption she had created. When she's finished, the contraption resembles an infant figure, perfect to pass off as fake Sunny.

Isadora and Duncan get themselves ready. Since the two of them are so similar looking to Violet and Klaus, they'll be taking the Baudelaires place.

"You guys can still back out now." Violet says to the three of us. "We can find another way to pass the test."

"We aren't backing out." I reply with a smile.

"I'm sure your parents taught you the same thing our parents taught us." Duncan tells the Baudelaires.

"What?"

Duncan, Isadora, and I smile at one another. "What friends are for." Duncan and Isadora leave first, dragging the Sunny-like contraption with them.

I go to leave a few moments later, but Klaus sets a hand on my shoulder. I turn to face him, furrowing my eyebrows at the frown resting on his lips. "Are you sure about this?" He worriedly questions. "Something bad could happen to you if you get caught." My job is to sneak around and find where Olaf is staying. Hopefully I'll be able to find a way to expose him.

I give Klaus a smile, grabbing his hand reassuringly. "No need to worry about me. I'll be fine. You need to focus on passing that exam tomorrow." Klaus smiles as well. I let go of his hand, quietly exiting the kitchen.

~

Finding Olaf's hideout wasn't easy. After realizing he wasn't staying in the school, I had to sneak outside the gate to find where he's staying. After that, it didn't take much longer to discover the school bus the old gym teacher and the pep squad were on parked along the side of the wall, horribly hidden behind a small shrub. This must be his hideout.

I glance over my shoulder, making sure no one is around, before opening the bus doors and stepping inside. A retched smell hits my nose, and I scrunch it in distaste. You'd think people would put some deodorant on.

I walk down the aisle, inspecting every chair for at least a little evidence to prove Coach Genghis is actually Count Olaf. As I'm giving up hope, I find a picture laying on the ground. On the front stand about a dozen or so adults, no smiles on their faces. Inspecting each of them, I gasp when my eyes land on two very familiar people. My parents. They appear to be younger, too young to have had me yet. My mothers plump belly proves me correct.

My eyes then land on two different couples. All four with brown hair that I know so well. These must be my friend's parents. But how do all of our parents know each other?

"Well look what we found here." An eerie sounding voice calls. I turn, my eyes widening. Two elderly twins and a boy not much older than me stand in the front of the bus. "Get her." I quickly turn around, sprinting to the back of the bus. I try to use the lever to open the emergency exit, but it doesn't budge. I cry out in frustration, trying with all my might to move the lever.

A cold hand latches on to each of my shoulders, spinning me around. The twins share a sinister smirk. The one on the right raises a hand, a dirty cloth in her grip. I realize what's about to happen and struggle to break free. As old as they may be, the twins have a strong grip, my efforts of escaping are useless against them. The cloth is place against my mouth, the intoxicating smell immediately taking into effect. My body goes limp, and as I fall, I fear that I have ruined everything for the Baudelaires.