Chapter 5

I WATCH HELPLESS as Emily is pulled toward the window, but at the last moment, JJ manages to fasten Emily's seatbelt.

They force themselves against the back of the seat, their postures rigid as they struggle to hold themselves stiff against the pull of the wind.

Soon after, the pull of the wind lessens as we pull onto the tarmac strip at the airport.

"Holy shit!" I gasp out, blowing the strands of wind blown hair from my face.

"Just turbulence Emily?" Derek grins, cocking his eyebrow jokingly.

"Is everyone ok?" Agent Hotchner questions, slipping his seatbelt off as he stands from his seat.

"Well, none of us are dead so that's good, right?" I question, grabbing my duffel from the overhead compartment.

"I guess so..." Emily groans, her face looking slightly flushed of color.

We quickly deboard the plane after our somewhat terrifying ordeal.

I say somewhat because I have jumped from a plane without a parachute and let me tell you, a broken window is a walk in the park.

"Scary, huh?" Derek chuckles, strolling beside me with his hands shoved into his pockets.

"Unexpected; yes, scary; no," I reply, kicking a pebble on the pavement as we make our way towards a large black sedan.

Derek holds the door open, surprisingly for the passenger seat of all things.

"Cool; I've never been in the front seat of one of these things," I grin, pulling myself up into the leather seat.

He just rolls his eyes jokingly and shuts the door before climbing into the drivers seat.

As he starts the ignition, I can hear the doors open in the back as JJ and Spencer climb into the back.

Spencer is awfully quiet and it isn't too long into the ride that I figure out why.

"Alex.." He starts, trailing off as I turn down the radio I've been blaring, much to JJ's relief.

"Yeah?" I reply absentmindedly as I open the glove compartment, peering at the contents which unsurprisingly contain a gun.

Derek slams the compartment before I can even slip my hand into it. I scowl and stick out my tongue, crossing my arms across my chest.

It would be nice if these people gave me my weapons back, but apparently they are still a bit leery about the whole "assassin" thing.

"I was just wondering; what were you getting off Garcia's computer?" Spencer questions curiously, his head tilted to the side.

"Information," I reply simply as I stare out the window, not too keen on answering his question.

"I know that; but information about who?" He replies quizzically.

"Quentin Hall," I sigh, deciding it may be a bit easier for them to trust me if they know who I'm after.

Trust is a funny thing like that.

"The CIA director Quentin Hall?" JJ pipes up, finally breaking her silence.

"No, the stripper Quentin Hall," I reply sarcastically, throwing in an eye roll for good measure.

"There's a stripper named Quentin Hall?" Spencer repeats, his eyes widening.

"Pretty boy isn't good with sarcasm," Derek laughs from beside me, making Spencer shoot him an irritated look.

For just a moment, Spencer reminds me of a past associate.

"So which entrance are we going in?" Niles questions, his thick British accent tinging his words.

"I don't know; how about the one that has like ten guards," I quip in a harsh whisper.

"Why; that's absurd!" Niles exclaims, catching the attention of nearly every guard who turn towards our hiding spot.

"Sarcasm Niles!" I yell to him as we rush towards the guards, weapons out, cover broken.

"Why Quentin Hall?" JJ interjects before Spencer and Derek's little spat can advance any further.

"He's selling American secrets with his clearance, making a pretty penny off it too," I grin, watching the astonishment creep onto their faces with glee.

"No, that can't be true; can it?" JJ questions incredulously.

"Why do you think they want me dead in the first place?" I grin as we pull up to the police station of Worley, Vermont.

"Are you kidding me?" I huff as Derek throws us into park.

"What?" Spencer questions from behind me, but he soon notices it and just shakes his head in annoyance.

With a sigh, I jump out of the car and stride over to the two guilty looking officers at the front of the entrance to the station with Derek hot on my heels.

The taller one with shaggy auburn curls, who has to have at least a foot on my 5'3 frame, puffs up his chest and fails to hide the small baggie behind his back.

The small one with little rim horn glasses looks at me guiltily before tucking away his stack of bills.

"Really, you're doing a drug deal in uniform and in front of a police station at that!" I growl, holding out my hand for the bag.

"Little lady; I'd back up if I were you, wouldn't want any trouble," The tall one grins condensingly holding the bag just out of my reach.

"Too late for that sweetie," I reply, sweeping his legs out from under him easily.

I grab the bag just as it starts to fall and tuck it into the one spot no man will dare reach for his stolen item.

The officer with rim horn glasses shoots me an angry scowl and starts to stalk towards me until he's stopped by Derek's arm in his path.

"Don't try me buddy; assaulting a federal agent won't do you any favors," Derek growls, pushing him away from me.