An Unexpected Detour

Sidon's POV
Zelda and I stood outside our rooms.
Link had left to go on a walk maybe half an hour ago, and he hasn't been back since then.
I thought that maybe he got distracted, but Zelda assured me that that was not in his character.
We had already asked a few Rito where he could be, but all that we asked only saw him leaving.
                 I started to panic. I know this isn't in his personality, and earlier I was trying to deny the panic that was rising in my throat to suffocate me.
               "Sidon? Let's go see the elder. He'll know where Link has gone off to," Zelda said, her voice soft, and a strange emotion inside her sky blue eyes.
               I nodded, following her. She walked quicker than usual, and she seemed stiff all over.
                We made it to the room where the elder Kaneli sits. Four guards stood at the door, polished spears glinting dangerously as we approached.
               "State your business with the elder," the one in the middle commanded.
                Zelda looked a little taken aback, "we must speak with elder Kaneli about my knight, Link," she said briskly.
              The middle guards looked at each other, then stepped back, shooing us in quickly and closing the gap the moment I got through it.
Kaneli sat forward when we entered, his feathers fluffed up in distress, "I'm so glad you two are here," he said briskly.
Zelda bowed her head slightly, "us as well. I'm sorry to impede, but do you know where my knight went?" She asked quickly, she obviously sensed the tension in the room.
Kaneli took a deep breath, "that's why I'm glad to see you both. Two Rito saw the champion get attacked and dragged away by three members of the Yiga clan," he said quickly, panic rising in his voice.
My hand flew to my mouth, but no one seemed to notice my panic. Zelda made a small squeaking noise, her right hand absentmindedly playing with the neckline of her dress.
                      She shook her head, her golden hair, which was in a braid, swung from side to side with her head, "no. He couldn't have been taken. I mean, he's fended off the Yiga clan many times before, hasn't he?" She said, turning to me.
                   I saw a pure panic in her soft green eyes. Her face was calm and collected, but her shiny eyes and quivering lip betrayed her.
                I was hit by a realization, "shit! He didn't bring his sword. Or any weapon for that matter," I said through my hands.
              Zelda staggered back a little, and I reached down to catch her. She placed a small hand on my upper arm, nodding to me slightly, before turning back to the elder.
              "Where did they take him?" She said, her voice surprisingly steady.
               Kaneli shook his head, "probably back to their hideout. I've heard that it is near Gerudo town, but I have never seen it myself," he said quickly.
              Zelda nodded, "well, we must set out immediately. I will send you a letter once we arrive in a friendly village," she said, already turning to leave.
               "Wait! Elder Kaneli, let me go with them," a familiar voice called out from behind us.
               I turned to see the Rito known as Teba standing just past the guards at the door. He nodded to me, and I nodded back, silent words passing between us.
              Kaneli nodded, "Alright. Go!" And with that the guards stepped back to let us through.
             Zelda started climbing towards our rooms, "Alright, we will grab our weapons, but leave our bags. Teba, get someone to take our bags to Gerudo Town. Meet us down at the stable very soon," she said quickly, briskly climbing the stairs.
               We made it to the rooms, and Zelda disappeared into her room. I walked quickly to my own room, then I turned back to Teba, "go quickly," I said.
He nodded to me, then took off running down the stairs. I took a deep breath, then walking into my own room.
I quickly strapped on a chest plate, then I strapped my swords to my hips. Then I slung my silver bow over my shoulder and strapped on a quiver full of arrows. I then looked over to link's bag.
On top of it sat his bow and his sword. I grabbed his sword and tucked it under my arm. I then turned and walked briskly outside. Zelda was walking out as I did.
She was wearing a white tunic and simple brown trousers. She had her trident strapped to her back, and her hair was pulled up into a knot at the top of her head.
She rushed over, grabbed link's sword, then strapped it to her back. She nodded to me before running off down the stairs.
I followed without a word. All the Rito in the village were inside their homes with all the blinds closed.
When we made it down to the first island, and something glimmering in the setting sun caught my eye. I stopped quickly, then bent down to grab whatever it is.
                I saw first that it was a fraction of a shell, but once I pulled it from the long grass I saw the braided rope that held the shell piece.
                My hand flew to my chest where my own shell hung. I made a pained noise, staring down at link's necklace blankly.
              "Sidon come on!" Zelda yelled, already across the small island.
                I stood, then ran lamely over to her, my limp kicking in again suddenly.
                 She gave me a strange look, and I answered only by holding up the necklace in my palm. She gasped, then her hand flew to her chest as well.
                She turned and started off at a jog, and I could only hear a glimpse of her muttering as she turned, before the wind carried it away.
              "He really has been captured..." then the rest was carried away.
               I quickly tucked the necklace into a pocket of my trousers.