Healing

Sidon's POV
             "Sidon! Hey, wake up," said a soft whisper in my ear.
              I slowly opened my eyes, the morning sun shining through the window. A silhouette stood outlined by the sun.
              My eyes soon focused and I saw who was waking me, "Zelda? What's up," I said quietly, careful to not wake Link.
             It had been about two weeks, and we had moved to a private room. Teba had flown back to the Rito Village a day or two ago.
              Zelda smiled down at me, "well, I think we should take Link out for a walk around the town," she said, fiddling with her belt on her Gerudo outfit.
             I smiled wide, "Alright, just let him sleep for now. He's been having terrible night terrors lately, and he only really sleeps well in the mornings," I said, looking down to link's sleeping form beside me.
            His hands were tangled in my shirt, and his brows were slightly scrunched.
              Zelda smiled and nodded, "Alright. I'm gonna go train with the soldiers today!" She said as she walked happily from the room.
              "She seems to like it here," Link whispered, his voice still raspy and full of sleep.
              I hummed, "she doesn't really need to be 'princessy' here I suppose," I said, shrugging slightly.
             Link nodded against my shoulder, "I suppose," he said softly.
             I looked down at him, he was staring out the window, his brow slightly wrinkled.
            His cheeks were healing, and he no longer needed the bandages. The lash marks on his back and chest were healing well, but they obviously still bother him. His foot was bandaged and healing as it should, but it still hurts him to put pressure on it.
              I remember the first night that we stayed in this room alone, and I was supposed to help him change the bandages on his body.
             It was routine until he told me that there were other ones. I was already fuming underneath because of what that sick fuck did to Link, so I became incredibly furious when he pulled off the loose pants he had been wearing.
             He must have saw my change, because he put a small, gentle hand on my cheek. He said, "no, just on my legs. Cuts, that's all," he didn't sound sure, but I nodded still.
             He then hiked up one leg of the loose undershorts he was wearing, a thick bandage rested a little bit under his hip.
              I unwrapped it gently, then tossed it away. When I looked at the cuts I could see a strange pattern to them.
              I got the wet cloth I had been using and I wiped off the old blood carefully. I started to recognize letters, then a word formed.
             In sickening red the single word 'freak' was scrawled across his light skin.
             I took a deep breath in, and I looked up at Link. He was looking down at me, a sad look in his blue eyes.
            "Am I a freak?" He asked softly, his voice wavering.
            I scoffed, "of course not! Why would you be a freak?" I asked, carefully wrapping the cuts again.
             He started fidgeting slightly, "because I'm a fish fucker," he said quietly, his voice cracking at the end.
              I looked up at him, "yeah? And I'm a hylian fucker, what does it matter?" I said.
              He shook his head, looking everywhere but me.
             I gently guided his face so he would look at me, "Hey, all the people that matter in our lives don't care that we are different races. All the people that do care? Well, they down matter," I said softly.
              Link started to tear up, and he nodded slightly. I smiled warmly at him, and he smiled back.
              His smile had become a rare, but welcome thing. He was acting almost as he did when I first met him, but I understand why.
               I know that calm patience is how to make him fully comfortable with me and others again.
             I ran a gentle hand through his hair. He had been wearing it down since he got back, and I'm not entirely sure why. Every time I ask he kinda just shrugs.
              Link hummed a little, his small hand playing with the fin beside my face.
            I smiled and looked up at the ceiling, "you wanna go for a little walk around Gerudo Town today?" I asked him.
           He sat up, groaning slightly, "really? You sure?" He asked softly, a slight smile turning the edges of his mouth up.
            I smiled at him and nodded, "yeah! You haven't been outside in a while, and it'll help you heal better to get moving," I said softly.
            Link actually smiled this time, nodding quickly. I sat up and stretched, kissing him gently on the nose before getting up from the bed.
             I yawned, "lemme get dressed then I'll help you and get you my cane for you," I said, moving around and gathering clothes.
             I put on some loose, gold coloured pants, that the Gerudo seamstress made. I then tied a loose blue strip of fabric around my waist.
           I went over to our bags, and I found the stick that Laruta carved for me when I got hurt.
             I grabbed the clothing that had been provided for Link, and I walked over to him.
           I helped him stand from the bed. He leaned heavily against the cane as I helped him change his pants.
          "Thank you dear," he said softly, his voice getting raspy.
            I nodded, "no problem. How does your foot feel?" I asked softly.
Link looked down to the thick bandages on his left foot, "I'm alright. My hand is what's bothering me more. I've had to learn how to write and paint all over again because of the stupid tendons being hurt. This isn't even getting onto the topic of fighting. Before the Great Calamity I was taught how to fight with both hands, but I preferred my left. Fucking Stikh!" He finished the last part yelling, his right hand gripping the cane hard.
          I came over to him, easing his white knuckled grip on the cane, "I know. I'm angry too, but now you have to do well and get better to show him that you didn't break. To show that you are the strong champion that I know and came to love, even when we were children," I said, a gentle hand resting on his cheek.
             Link smiled widely, purring his fist over his chest, mocking my signature pose, "I can do it!" He said, trying to mimic my voice.
             I laughed, standing up, "that was scarily accurate," I said.
           Link laughed, then turned his head to the side as if he was listening, his golden hair falling over his shoulder in waves.
           He smiled broadly, "Zelda says she wants to go and have dinner with us tonight! She says it'll be like old times," link shifted on his feet to try and get comfortable again.
           I smiled somehow wider. Link limped awkwardly over to me, putting a bandaged hand on my chest, "I wish we were home. Like old times," he said quietly.
I smiled a little sadly, "me too, but the good thing is that we should be able to go home in like two weeks," I said softly.
Link nodded, "could you grab me my paint bag and we can go sit in a little place I know," he said, pointing to a bag over beside the bed.
I hummed, walking over and grabbing the bag; I slung it over my shoulder.
I walked over to the door, holding it open as Link limped over awkwardly. He made it outside the door slowly, and I followed.
We walked slowly forward, Link was right beside me, leaning heavily on his cane.
We made it to a small space a little bit off of the beaten path. We had passed a bar just a moment before, and now we were in a cool space. Many bushes of wild berries grew here.
Link smiled, "hello?" He called out.
A little girl came out, a basket full of berries balanced on her hip, "hello! Aren't you the first two men who were let in here in a really long time?" She asked excitedly.
Link chuckled a little, "yep! But you already know me. I was undercover when I came here last, though. I was wearing a blue Gerudo outfit, and I helped you get the berries to grow these bushes!" He said softly.
The little girl gasped, "wow! Oh my that's so cool," she paused, her happiness fading slightly, "but you're hurt?" She said.
Link sighed, "yeah. The dreaded Yiga Clan kidnaped me when I didn't have my sword. They hurt me," he paused, his hand brushing against me, seeming to ground himself, "they hurt me bad. But Sidon here and my friends rescued me!" He said.
The girl smiled again, "well, you can stay here and have as many berries as you want! I know they always make me feel better!" She said as she grabbed her basket and skipped from the room.
Link's smile faded as soon as the girl left the room. He sighed and limped over to small fountain. He sat down heavily, winching slightly.
I followed him, and he nodded to the fountain, "you can chill in there. Water is hard to come by here, so I thought you would like this," he said softly, his face blank and his eyes stare ahead.
I hummed, "thank you Guppy," I said as I set down his bag beside him. I then stepped into the shallow water. I sat down with a small splash.
Link snapped out of his daze and he looked around with wide eyes, he then looked up to me and laughed.
I chuckled a little, "sorry my Guppy," I said jovially.
Link pulled out his paints, and started making streaks of colour on his paper. He hummed slightly as he worked, his tongue poking from between his lips as he worked.
I sat in the small fountain, staring blankly at the wild berry bushes as they swayed in the gentle breeze.
I'm not sure how much time past. During the time we sat, undisturbed, link had started singing softly, and I had joined in.
We sang a couple of songs, then we sat laughing for a little bit. Someone shouted out in the street beside, and link snapped from his good mood.
The voice sounded out, and Link jumped hard. He then winced as the fast movement hurt his wounds, then he went back to painting.
             I turned towards him, "Hey, are you alright?" I asked softly, leaning down towards him.
             His face was turned away, but I could tell that he was troubled. I put a gentle hand on his shoulder, and he jumped, then leaned towards my hand.
              I nodded slightly, then I got up from the fountain. I walked around to the other side of him, and I flipped down with a slight huff.
              He leaned heavily into my side, sighing deeply. He set down his book and brush, and he stared ahead at the bushes.
             I looked down at him. His face was scrunched slightly, but I could tell that the cuts and bruises on his cheeks still bothered him.
              His hair was down past his shoulders, the soft breeze playing with some stray strands of his blonde hair.
            His sky blue eyes were clouded over with thought. He was chewing his bottom lip and his hands were fidgeting with the belt of his red pants.
              Link wasn't wearing a shirt, but the stark white bandages across his chest and stomach basically produced the same effect.
               Link reached up and started to fidget with his bandages around his chest, "I wish we were home," he said softly, his voice catching.
              I hummed, grabbing his hands and holding them in mine, "wherever you are is home for me," I said softly, looking down into his bright blue eyes.
               He snorted, his whole face lighting up with laughter as he punched my arm lightly, "you're a dork. Y'know that?" He said jovially.
              I smiled warmly down at him, "yeah, but I'm your dork," I said sweetly.
              Link snorted again, then he put a bandaged hand on my cheek, pulling me into a soft kiss.
              He pulled back, the corners of his mouth still turned up, "whenever I'm with you you make it seem like I am safe. You make it seem like I'm okay still," he said softly.
             I put my hand to his cheek gently, "you are safe. And you will be okay," I said surely.
             He sighed, his eyes downcast, "you almost make me believe it too," he said quietly.
             I gently guided his eyes back up to me, "I will make you believe it. Trust me on that," I said, smiling slightly.
            He snorted, then wrapped his arms around me tightly, "I really don't deserve you," he said into my chest.
             I sighed, "I was thinking the same thing," I said.
              He looked up at me, one eyebrow cocked, "what do you mean? You are amazing, and funny, and handsome, and you're gonna be the king of the Zoras! You could have chosen so many different people! But no, you went with me! And I don't understand why!" He said, sitting back and becoming increasingly agitated.
           I sighed, looking at him and raising a brow, "Link, you are the best thing to ever happen to me. You are kind, loving, funny, cute, and I could keep going! Everyone in Zoras Domain loves you- wait, maybe not Muzu, but he doesn't like anyone- but besides the point. I married you for a reason, Link. It's because I love you, and you couldn't have ever tricked me into loving you, if that's what you think. There is so much to love, I don't understand what the trick would be," I said, a turmoil of emotions in my chest.
            Tears sprung to Link's eyes. He blinked hard, "thank you," he whispered, his eyes trained down on his lap.
             I smiled, "there is no reason to thank me, my dear Guppy. I'm just telling you how much I love you, because truthfully, I should do that more," I said, leaning so he would look up at me.
               He looked up and met my eyes with his teary blue ones, and I was floored with how many emotions I could see reflected inside them. However, the main emotion I could read was anger.
              I put a finger under his chin, "Guppy? Why are you angry?" I asked kindly.
               He growled low in his throat, "that bastard Stikh! He fucked me up, and, and- ugh!" He threw up he's hands, then jumped slightly and looked around, "you don't think anyone heard?" He asked quietly.
              I kicked all my anger under the mat and took a deep breath, "no, I don't think anyone heard. But Link, it's okay to be angry. It's alright to kick and bite and fight! The Yiga won't bother you anymore, and if they try they'll have to come through Zelda, Teba and I; not to mention the majority of the people you have met in your travels!" I said, trying desperately to keep my voice even.
             Link nodded, "I wanna fight again. I will fight again?" He said, looking up at me, almost questioningly.
             I smiled wide, "yeah! We can train together again, and maybe we could adopt another little Zora- or maybe a little Hylian- and we can start a peaceful little family," I said, accidentally making it sound like a question.
              Link smiled hugely, "Alright! We could have a Hylian and a Zora," he teased, "no, I'm not sure who we will adopt yet, but we'll find someone," he said, leaning into me again.
              I hummed in agreement. We both sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each others company. I have no idea how long we sat there, but it was a crude awakening when Zelda came running in.
               She was breathing heavily, sweat running down her tanned forehead and bare stomach. She was just in a tight bra and some loose pants.
                She brushed some hairs that had come loose from her braid from her face, "Sidon! It's urgent! Take Link up to Riju, and then meet me back here!" She said, her voice raspy and she was still fighting for breath.
             I opened my mouth to say something, but then I took notice of Hero. He had blood around his muzzle, and I don't believe that would be from training.
              I looked back to Zelda, her bright green eyes pleading. I set my jaw and nodded to her. I turned to Link, who was looking around, wide eyed.
              I leaned down a little, "I'm gonna take you to Riju. I'll be back soon," I said softly.
              He turned back to me, rage seething under his blue eyes, "you don't need to bloody speak to me like I'm a child!" He shouted, his anger erupting.
              I sat back, more in surprise then in fear, "Alright! Well I'm going to take you to Riju so you will be safe. I don't know what's going to happen, and you are hurt. You can fight by my side again once you are healed," I said softly, turning his chin so he would look at me.
          He sighed, "fine, but I'm taking you up on that," he said, smiling slightly.
           I smiled and nodded, then I picked him up carefully. I then stood up.
            Zelda shot me a look, "hurry," it said.
            I nodded and set off at a quick jog. I had to be sure to not jostle link too much, but I have a feeling that time is of the essence.
             I took the stairs to the throne room two at a time. Buliara jumped slightly when I came running in, but soon recognized me and she relaxed.
              "Zelda told me to bring Link here. I believe there is trouble," I said quickly.

Link's POV
              I hate that they are practically talking over me. I'm not going to do anything yet, but that is only because my throat hurts really bad.
               I snapped back into reality in time to see Buliara wall over and extend her arms.
                Sidon looked down at me, smiled a little apologetically, then he carefully shifted me to Buliara's arms.
                I felt her muscles tense under me as she held my weight. Sidon nodded to Riju, then smiled at me. He then ran out, pulling out the swords I now realized he had been carrying around his waist.
                 Riju sighed, "there's no reason to stay down here. Buliara, let's go up to my room so the champion will be more comfortable," she said, standing up and walking towards the stairs leading to her room.
                Buliara huffed slightly, then followed after Riju up the steps. We came into the bright room, Riju was sitting on her bed with her legs crossed.
               She pointed to a plush looking couch facing her bed, "lay him there. I wish to speak with him," she said to Buliara.
                 Buliara nodded, obeying Riju's commands. She put me down relatively gently, then she stepped back, standing at the foot of Riju's bed.
                 I groaned, shifting slightly to become more comfortable. I wish I hadn't yelled at Sidon, my throat is killing me now.
                Riju sat forward, resting her knees in her elbows, "so I want to know how you managed to get in here, being a voe and all," she said.

Sidon's POV
             I slid to a stop inside the training yards. Zelda stopped just in front of me.
              She brushed her hair from her face, "there was a Yiga attack. They only got into the training grounds, but I have a strange feeling that they didn't mean to get all the way inside. I think they wanted to make a point," she said,  her finger fiddling with a stray strand of hair beside her face.
               I growled slightly, putting my swords back into their sheaths, "what do you mean? They wanna make a point?" I asked, walking over to the makeshift infirmary set up.
               Zelda ran up, "I think they want to torture Link as much as they can," she said quietly.
               I pushed down my anger once again, then I turned to Zelda, "we need this all to calm down. We need to make sure Link is going to be safe," I said to her.
              Zelda ran a hand through Hero's fur absentmindedly, "I'm not sure if this would work, but if it is going to, then you will have to trust me fully," she paused and turned to me, "and you'd have to obey my commands without question."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so is there anything you guys desperately want to see?

Let me know how you feel about this story, so I can keep making it better with every chapter!