Philip X Reader~Promise

Time: Hamiltime

Request/Prompt: None

TW: Promises, crying, death, blood, sadness...

--------------------

Y/N POV

"Philip? Is something wrong?" You ask your best friend as he falls onto your bed sighing heavily. He didn't respond so you tapped his shoulder slightly.

"Did something happen when you talked to Mr. Eacker?" You ask as he slowly nods his head. He sits up and runs his hands through his hair.

"I may or may not have challenged him to duel," He mumbles silently, biting his lip. You feel your heart drop to your stomach.

"W-What!? Ph-Philip! You could die!" You exclaim frantically all the worst case scenarios playing through your mind.

"Don't worry about me Y/N. I promise I'll be alright," He tells you trying to calm you down. You breathe heavily and try to hold back your tears. You nod slowly before looking back up at him. His greenish brown eyes stared deeply into your E/C ones and his freckles were sprinkled across his face making him ten times cuter. He didn't know but you had the biggest crush on him ever since you both became friends in college.

"Okay then. When is the duel? Where are you holding it?" You ask him fiddling with your finger anxiously.

"Tomorrow at dawn in Jersey. Everything is legal in New Jersey," He says as you both say as you also mumble the last part.

"Well then I'll be there," You claim as his eyes widen.

"What!? Y/N! You can't be there! You might get hurt!" He yelled out in shock. You shook your head with a slight giggle.

"Philip calm down! I'll just be there for moral support. It's not like I'm the one dueling, that's you," You said slightly poking his chest laughing. He chuckles back before tucking your H/L H/C hair behind your ear. You blushed slightly and smiled at him. You stood up and walked out of your room, Philip trailing behind you. You head out to the garden and sit down on the bench motioning for Philip to sit with you. He sits down and you lean your head on his shoulder.

"Promise me you'll be okay," You ask him as he takes your hand and squeezes it tightly. You could feel your S/C burning up.

"I will Y/N. Can't you just trust me this once," He says jokingly. You slightly sigh before embracing him in a tight hug.  He hugs back before leaving back to his home. You wave him goodbye and head off to sleep.

~*Next Day*~

You waited with Philip for George Eacker across the river in New Jersey. You had never seen him more stressed out. You gave him a side hug as he examined his gun.

"You'll be fine. Just don't forget our promise, okay?" You tell him as he nods. You see a silhouette of a man coming towards you two. Philip stands up and walks over to the man.

"Mr. Eacker! How was the rest of your show?" Philip asks casually with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"I'd rather skip the pleasantries let's go. Grab your pistol," Mr. Eacker snapped back rudely taking his gun out.

"Confer with your men. The duel will commence after we count to ten," Philip states taking his position. The two men turn back to back and walk ten steps.

"One" Is he going to be okay?

"Two" You took a deep breath.

"Three" He'll be fine. He promised.

"Four"  You bit your lip nervously.

"Five" You could see Philip mumbling to himself but you couldn't make out what he said.

"Six" You felt a cold wind blow through your hair, making you rub your arms. Mr. Eacker was shaking nervously.

"Seven" You saw Mr. Eacker turn around and aim his gun towards Philip who was still facing the other direction. The world slowed down and you saw the whole scene. The bullet would strike him right above the hip and he would most likely die.  The next few seconds were a flash. All you remember running towards Philip screaming out his name.

"PHILIP!" You yelled out running. He turned around and you jumped in front of him. You don't know what happened but you felt a cold pierce through your stomach. You clutched your stomach in pain dropping down onto the ground. Philip dropped his gun and ran towards you. He picked you up and placed your head on his knee. He looked at your stomach and his eyes started to water.

"No, no no no no. This can't be happening. This is just a dream. This isn't real," he mumbled to himself ripping his sleeve off to soak up the blood.

"Ph-Philip..." You croaked out. He stared at you, tears streaming across his cheeks. He stroked your hair.

"Why, you stupid, arrogant-, Why!? Why would you do this?" He cried out half sobbing. You smiled faintly in pain.

"I-I couldn't have you break our promise..." You said, your voice deep and raspy. He took your hand and squeezed it tight again. He brought it up to his face and kissed your hand.

"B-But... You're not o-okay... How is this not breaking the p-pr-promise," He stuttered out still holding your hand.

"Well, you're alright are you not? Then the promise is kept. You're alright. We never promised I would be alright," I said half joking. Philip shook his head violently.

"I'm not alright! The girl I love is dying in my arms!" He screamed out tears coming out even faster. You felt your heart skip a beat.

"Y-You loved me?" You ask slowly. He wipes a tear off his face and nods.

"I always did. Ever since I met you," He says as you look up into his eyes.

"I love you too," You say as his eyes brighten up for a second. They quickly go back to being dull again.

"I should've told you sooner," He says sighing as you slightly giggle in pain. You stared at him and a thought came to mind.

"Kiss me," You randomly blurt out.

"W-what?" He asks.

"I'm not going to live long. I want my first and last kiss to be from the one man I love," You say with a slight smirk. Philip looked down at you and grasped your lips in a quick movement. It was light but passionate, as if he was trying not to hurt you. He let go and you smiled. Suddenly your stomach started burning up. You flinched in pain and Phillip started to panic. Your eyelids start to feel heavy.

"No, Y/N. You are going to live okay. Focus on something. You are going to live okay. Promise me," He says as you shake your head.

"I'm sorry Philip, but this is a promise I can't keep," You say as you start to close your eyes. You could hear Phillip screaming out your name desperately.

"Philip. Promise you won't forget me," you croaked out one last time before breathing out and shutting your eyes.

Philip POV

I cried out as Y/N's breath hitched and her eyes closed.  I let out a sob as I took her hand.

"Don't worry my love. I won't forget you. I promise....."

AN: I'm sorry. Please don't kill me.

Please remember to vote and leave a comment to show your love! Thanks!