Aaron Burr X Reader~Sweet little Rivalry

Time: Hamiltime

Request/Prompt: "You're cute when you're angry" Thanks @Sweetybootyyy

TW: Fluffffffff!!!!!

Additional INFO: You're Alex's cousin and one of his last living relatives. You come over to surprise with a visit at one of his cabinet meetings where you have the pleasure of running into Burr. But of course, you and Alex have an inseparable bond meaning if Alex doesn't like someone, neither do you. Or at least, you shouldn't be.

AN: Hi. Ummmmm what's up everyone???? I honestly have nothing to say sorry 😐 Enjoy this chapter?? Lol ok thanks for 8k everyone!!

----------------------------

(Y/N) POV

You always sided with Alexander. Sure sometimes he was a little hot headed and could be easily pissed off at any and every single person he saw, but for the most part, he had good reasoning to hate people.

So when you heard about his rivalry with the infamous Aaron Burr, you just had to tell yourself you hated him too.

Or at least,

You tried to tell yourself that.

But then you just had to actually see his face.

.......

I was pleasantly surprised when I was told by my friend that she was traveling to America to visit her sister and she had an extra ticket since her husband had a meeting and had to stay in London.

"Oh really! You know, my cousin lives in New York. Perhaps I should go and visit him," I question rubbing a finger on my chin. My friend Angelica raised an eyebrow at me.

"Cousin? I don't recall you ever telling me about having a cousin? I thought you said you're mom only had one sister who passed?" she wonders as I shake my head.

"Well yes, my aunt did pass away but she had a child that apparently survived a hurricane. His name is Alexander Hamilton and he-"

"Wait hold on. Did you just say Alexander Hamilton?" she stops and grabs your arms. Startled, I push back and suck on my breath.

"Erm, yes?" I manage to squeak out. Her jaw drops and she stares at me blankly.

"You mean my sister's husband?!"

Oh. I did not know that.

"Well, I guess?" I say. She shakes her head but smiles at me nonetheless.

"I can't believe you don't know your only cousin's wife. Didn't you go to his wedding?" she asks as I shake my head.

"No actually, we only found out about each other last year. And I'm pretty sure he's been married for at least four," I state as she shrugs.

"Well I guess it's even better reason for you to come over to America,"

(Time skip!)

The ship had just docked and Angelica and I made our way to the Hamilton residence. Angelica knocked on the door and a lady in a beautiful blue dress came out holding a child in her arms.

"Oh Angelica! It's been so long! Is this (Y/N)? Hello darling! I'm Eliza. She's told me all about you in our letters. I'm glad she found a friend in London," she rambled on as I smiled slightly.

"Yes actually, (Y/N) Hamilton, It's a pleasure to meet you," I introduce myself as she lifts her eyebrow at the mention of my last name. I suppose Angelica hasn't told her that I am Alex's cousin.

"Hamilton?" she mummers under her breath. I see her glance down at the baby in her arms and I shake my head laughing.

"Oh no don't worry about anything Eliza, I'm actually his cousin. We only found out about each other last year though," I reassure her as she sigh in relief.

"Oh thank god. I was stressing out for a second there. Actually my husband's not home yet. I believe he is at his cabinet meeting," Eliza tells me as she hands Angelica the baby which she starts to coo at.

"Would you like some tea (Y/N)?" she asks me as I shake my head.

"No thank you, would you mind telling me where the meeting is? I would love to surprise him," I explain as she nods her head.

She gives me the address and I end up making my way to where the meeting was. I open the doors to where five men are all seated and debating against each other. I see my cousin sitting on the near left end where he is shouting at the man with poofy hair in a magenta jacket. Whom I assume is Jefferson.

The man closet to the left had a handkerchief in his hand and was constantly sneezing and coughing. Madison probably. Another man sat next to your cousin who had a buzzcut and had on a very calm expression opposed to the others. This must be the infamous Burr. In the middle sat eldest man, who you were assuming was Washington and he looked annoyed out of his mind.

"Alright lads, this meeting is over. We'll rejoin once again tomorrow," Washington tells them all as the all stand up and walk away from each other.

I make my way towards Alexander and his face lights up once he sees me. "(Y/N)! You're kidding me! What are you doing in New York?!" he asks he rushes over to me, engulfing me in a warm embrace. I smile and laugh as he twirls me around.

"I'm only here with Angelica, her husband had a sudden meeting and would have to miss the trip so I took his place," I say as he continues smiling and nodding.

"I told Eliza about us being cousins, how come you didn't tell me about her?" I teased him as he groaned.

"We're always talking about other things I thought my relationship would something out of place in our letters," he admits as I laugh. Washington calls him and Alex makes his way over, excusing himself.

I feel a light tap on my shoulder once Alex leaves and I turn around to see Burr. I attempt to remember all of the horrible things Alex said about this man so I turn, cross my arms and snarl.

"What do you wish for you incompetent fool," I retort randomly. The man raises his eyebrow yet smiles calmly at me.

"I don't wish for anything asides from your name madame," he spoke politely. I glance upwards towards his face and once I actually see it, I feel my cheeks start to heat up. He had a calming demeanour and warm brown eyes. He was beautiful.
Come on (Y/N)! Snap out of it! What did Alex say? That he was a good for Nothing jerk who ruined his life at times! Be supportive! He's your only living relative!

"I-I well, (Y/N) Hamilton. No I'm not married to Alexander and having him cheat on Eliza. As a matter of fact I am his cousin so don't you go getting any ideas you scum!" I insult him once more. Why are you doing this (Y/N)?He's cute! If you leave off the impression your mean he won't like you. He shakes his head laughing slightly.

"What are you doing laughing at me? Do I look like something you can ridicule?!" I glare at him once more trying to leave the impression that I hate him.

"No actually, I just think you look cute when you're angry," he says with that calm smile once more. My cheeks were definitely fully scalded in red now.

"I, well I um, I don't, I don't think that um, that you're a bad, bad looking either," I stutter and blurt out at the same time. Dear god (Y/N) you did t again. You just had to be cute while you were angry. Couldn't I have been cute when I'm happy? Wait. What's Alex gonna say? Oh he's gonna be so mad when I tell him I spoke to Aaron Burr and called him good looking!

"Well thank you (Y/N). I suppose your cousin tells you not to speak with me?" I nod my head in shame. He takes my hand and places a delicate kiss above my fingertips.

"Aaron Burr, pleasure to meet you,"