Liam x Sarcastic!Reader (Request)

Requested by HeatherChandlier !!

Alright, here it is - sorry it took so long!!! I've been busy lately and I haven't found the time nor motivation to write these.

So yeah, have this cute hipster vampire dork!!

This is either going to turn out beautifully or horribly. Let's find out together, shall we?

Also, swearing!! Because Damien.

(Credit to artist)

--

If I wasn't in class, or the auditorium, I was probably in the library - and that happened to be where I was today. I was, of course, playing online poker and emailing people blatant scams; the usual.

I mean, come on. I'm a broke-ass monster high school student with questionable morals at best, and I need money.

Uh... yeah, anyway - just as I was logging off the library computer, I heard voices coming from between two of the rows of books.

Being the nosy person I am, I found myself peering around one of the shelves - right at Damien. Liam was there too, but he was facing the demon, with his back to me. He seemed annoyed; Damien seemed straight-up angry.

"Hey! Y/N can help settle this!" Damien yelled suddenly, pointing at me.

At this, Liam suddenly whirled around and grabbed my arm, dragging me out from behind the shelf where I hid, causing me to yelp.

"What would be your dream first date?" He asked sharply, with no further context or explanation.

I spluttered for a second, before composing myself and replying with the most random thing I could come up with on the spot:

"It's obvious - we go to a pool dressed in giraffe costumes, and swim laps for exactly 12 minutes and 33.4 seconds. Then, go to a cafe and order one of everything on the menu, still dressed as giraffes. Take it all home and blend it together into a smoothie. Finally, we take off the giraffe costumes to reveal fully purple jumpsuits, then we pour the smoothies over ourselves and make out." I tried my best to make it sound sincere, though a hint of sarcasm could be heard in my voice.

...

They were speechless. I'd succeeded at baffling them completely - which was my goal.

"That is... well, definitely... original...?" Liam said quietly after a long time, but it sounded kind of like a question.

"What. The. FUCK?" Damien screeched.

"You're sick! You're fucking sick! What is wrong with you?" He exclaimed, very clearly confused, possibly even slightly afraid.

It was at this point we were kicked out of the library because of Damien's shouts of utter mortification at my randomness.

Liam hadn't said anything else, but he'd been staring at me, searching my face with a hint of confusion on his; as if he believed he'd find the answers to the universe in my expression.

All I'd done was spout some bullshit; why did he seem totally starstruck? Not sure.

Anyway - I simply stood in the hall outside of the library, silent, as Damien lectured me. Over time he fizzled down, and finally left; still muttering curses to himself. I'd zoned out hardly even a quarter of the way through his speech, and he'd already been gone a minute or so when I finally snapped back to reality.

I found that Liam was gazing starry-eyed at me, disassociating.

I barely stifled a laugh, and at this he shook his head in surprise, blushing ever so slightly.