Prologue

I looked at the mirror, face flushed, tears streaming down my face. I stared at my reflection and noticed that my eyes were red and puffy, so is my nose and lips.

I rinsed my face and look at the mirror again. I stared at my reflection for awhile. I tried to smile, but as soon as the side of my lips rose, tears started flowing from my eyes again.

"Tama na. Tama na please." I kept repeating to myself. Hoping that it'll put my tears to a halt. How much pain do I have to go through until giving up is ok, I thought.

I wiped my tears and went out of the bathroom. I laid down at my bed and stared at the ceiling. I stared at it for awhile, calming my wired thoughts before I drifted to sleep.

10 years later...

Another day, another blessing. I thought to myself. As I sipped down the milk from my mug, I can't help but look at the sun as it unfolds its beauty striking hope and second chances to everyone who looks at it.

I walked to the balcony of my low-rise condominium and stared at the busy streets of Makati. I can hear the honks of the cars, the screams of annoyance from the people due to the traffic, and the bustles in every corner of the street.

Ah. I gave out a heavy sigh. Typical day in a  city life. Life is really different from a province. I walked back inside and started to get dressed for my meeting with the investors.

As I strode outside my bedroom, I looked at the wall clock from the living room. 6:30 am. Hmmm, not bad. It's still early. 9:00 am pa naman meeting ko with the investors.

I decided to sit down at my living room and glanced at to what I have now. From where I sat, I could see the spacious living room with a minimalistic touch and natural colors for a finish. It has set of sofa and other ornaments to give a set of tone to the space left. Looking above, the ceiling has  wide windows for the natural light to come in in that way the condominium wouldn't look so lifeless and perhaps for me, lonely. The ceiling also has a modern, but classic chandelier and from up high, I could see the small entertainment space from the 2nd floor. Across the living room, I could see the dining area and the kitchen where I would usually spent my time reading. The kitchen looked organized and neat. It has a white and brown modern interior with hanging plants and natural light from the wide window. I really wanted natural light for my loft. All of the cabinets and drawers, and other kitchen necessities were designed to blend in with the aura from the natural light the kitchen has. As I took one glance of the condo all in all, from the living room, dining and kitchen, to the 2nd floor where the 3 rooms are plus my office and library. I could say that it was too big for one person to live here, alone.

8:45 am.

I walked inside the restaurant where the investors and I would meet. I was the first one who got there. It was better that way. I learned while growing up that in meeting people for a specific purpose or event it is always better to be the first one to arrive and wait for everyone than be late and let everyone wait for you for it represents respect to the people you are with and it means that you value what you have planned and agreed with.

As I was waiting, I reviewed my presentation and made sure to take everything by heart. I was actually kind off nervous. Eventhough I had been to a lot of meetings and presented tons of business proposals to investors, I still feel nervous, but I also feel giddy and excited for this is the first time I am going to talk to investors not about other entrepreneurs dream, but about my dream business, which is know broken down into plans and goals.

Tbh, hindi lang naman talaga kasi ako mag-isa dito sa binubuo naming business. Nag kataon lang talagang halos idea ko to at busy yung iba kaya ako na ang nag presenta na gawin to.

"Grabe nakakaba naman to. Si Kelaya naman kasi ngayon pa nag ka-emergency. She should be with me." Reklamo ko pero naiintindihan ko rin naman kung bat siya wala ngayon. Nag kataon kasing nilagnat yung junakis niya kaya mag isa ako ngayon.

I actually only know about the companies who are willing to invest, but I have no idea who I am going to meet and discuss the idea with. Nonetheless, I know deep down that I needed to convince them.

Nine o'clock struck, and 7 out of the 8 investors already arrived. I also ordered snacks for us to eat during the meeting.

"Uhm. We are still incomplete pa po and I am still waiting for another investor. Sorry to keep you waiting. Kain po muna kayo. Sorry po talaga." I said nervously.

"Ms. Zara it's ok. It is only exactly 9:00 am in the morning. We can still wait for that other investor." Mr. Sanchez said and smiled. He is the son and now the owner of the former CEO of the Himalayan Real Estate. It is a real estate company that offers houses and lands to one of the most prestigious lands and islands in the Philippines.

"Thank you for your understanding. Sorry to keep you all waiting." I said.

5 minutes has passed and I stared at the doors of the restaurant waiting for that another investor to arrive.

I grabbed the folder where all the companies of the investors are listed.

Centurion Real Estate Company.

From the very start this company intrigued me so much. It has gained my curiousity about the owner and the company itself as well. Ito lang kasi ang naiiba sa lahat ng investors. This company is only new to the market of real estate yet is has blossomed so much from the past years and has gained so much attention in real estate world. Also, the owner has received awards not only locally, but also internationally. Ang alam ko na feature narin ang business niya sa iba't ibang sites sa internet, as well as magazines.

Based from what I know, kasi si Kelaya ang nag research ng whereabouts and profiles ng company. Kakasimula pa lang ng company na to 5 years ago. Maganda kasi ang concepts niya at naiiba ang architectural design. Mas inclined kasi ito sa sustainability and affordability kaya siguro nagustuhan rin ng owner ang proposal ng future company  namin sa simula palang. Sabi rin sakin ni Kelaya na real estate rin ang business nung family nung owner kaya madali nitong naitayo and napalago ang kumpanya.

Hmmm. Marami siguro akong matutunan sakanya. From what I know the owner is only 4 years older than me.

I was so busy  looking at the folder na hindi ko na namalayan na dumating na pala yung last investor.

I closed the folder and standed to greet the last investor, but as I looked at the last investor, I was taken a back. Para kong napako sa kinatatayuan ko.

Aziel Storm Montićello .

The man who accepted me as I am, the man who loved my flaws and imperfections, the man who helped me grow, the man who helped me conquer my fears, the man who helped me get over with all of my insecurities, the man who loved me second.

I stared at him in awe.

He's wearing an all black business suit. He looked so neat, professional, and handsome.
He's better than before.

"S-storm." I stuttered. Calling him by what I have been calling him when we were close before. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER, MY GOODNESS ELLIANA. Nakita mo lang siya, ano marupok ka na ulit?! I screamed inside my head.

"Hi,Elliana. Long time no see. How have you been?"