(SPECIAL) 5 Things couples must avoid doing while in a fight

Foreword:

Couple fights are unavoidable, especially for couples who have been together for a long time.

In this interview Toru and Taka will be sharing some 'tips' for couples, things that couples MUST NOT do while they are fighting. They will also be sharing some of their personal experiences as to how they go through fights but still stay together as a couple with a very close relationship.

Tip 1: DO NOT run away from the house

Taka:

We used to do that after a fight, mostly Toru will get out of the house and go for a walk to calm himself down after a fight, but after that we realized that is very unhealthy for our relationship and it's somewhat childish to do that.

So there was when we were younger and we just started to live together. We still get into fights occasionally but when there are bigger fights things will mostly get out of control. I will keep yelling at him and he gets tired of me so he'll just grab his car keys, wallet and phone and went straight out of the door. And mostly when he does that I will start to get very panic, I don't really know the actual reason, perhaps I was worried that he will leave and not come back. It's very funny, though he was not taking any of his stuffs like we mostly see in a movie scene, but I have to admit at some point I get panic and I will stop all the yelling and shouting. Toru will be like: "I'm getting out of here!" then he will slam the door without looking back, then I will start realizing what I have done which made him react that way and start getting really sad.

It's hard to explain this feeling, you fight with your partner but in the end you still want to be with him, so when you see him walking out of the house you'll start to think: Is he leaving me for real? Is he going to come back to move all his stuffs when I'm asleep later? And all those thoughts make me really sad. I was on my wits end until Toru finally came back.

Toru:

I remembered once we were fighting of something, I don't even remember what we were fighting of, (Laughs) then I got mad at Taka and left the house. Taka saw me leaving the house and he started getting panic till he was tearing up. I saw his expression and said "Don't try to be a cry baby and hope I will forgive you!" I know it is very hurting but I was angry so I kind of couldn't control what I was saying. Then I went out for hours, and all I did was just sit at a coffee shop, ordered some coffee and had a few smokes to calm myself down. But Taka, at home, was hurting for what I said and did.

Taka:

I was indeed really sad after he said that to me, I literally sat in front of our house door and cried. After a while I got up and tried to call him to apologize but then he did not take his phone with him before he went out.

Toru:

I probably was rushing so I forgot my phone at home.

Taka:

It then got a bit cold at the middle of the night so I went to bed and curled up under the blanket. I was crying for hours and I almost used up all my energy crying but I told myself I must not go to bed cause I wanted to wait for Toru to come back so I can apologize, and the fact that I was scared that he might leave me when I was sleeping. So I hugged Toru's blanket to calm myself down.

Toru:

When I got back it was already almost 4 am in the morning. I thought Taka was already asleep cause the lights were off. I went to the bedroom and saw Taka sitting on the bed, hugging my blanket like a koala bear, literally.

And it was so cute.

Taka:

(Blushes)

Toru: