Seven.

After that evening, Harry and Addison saw each other almost every day. With Harry’s departure drawing nearer, Addison found that she truly appreciated the time she spent with him whether they were having coffee, walking Theodore, or arguing over which film to watch. Addison had discovered that Harry had more of a soft spot for romantic features than he had originally let on and had insisted upon watching The Notebook during one particular evening. Unfortunately, that was where his sensitivity ended, as he burst into hysterics when Addison began to quietly sob at the end of the film. The sight of Noah and Allie, still so in love until the very end, brought her to tears every time. While Harry sympathized with this sentiment, he found that Addison’s tears and overall sensitivity to such a drastic change from her normally sarcastic and witty demeanor that it was almost comical.

“You’re an ass,” Addison glared at him as she sat upon the couch, a pillow hugged tightly to her chest and several mascara-stained tissues lying beside her. The ending had been ruined by Harry’s erratic burst of laughter. For someone who was notorious for his charm, he certainly knew how to ruin a moment.

“Yes, but you still like me,” Harry shot back, with a cheeky wink. His breathing was labored from his fit of laughter and his arms were wrapped around his lanky frame, as if he was trying to keep himself together.

“You’re alright,” Addison grumbled, before burying her face into the pillow. She didn’t want to look at Harry and give him the satisfaction of knowing that he was right. Although she hadn’t yet verbalized it, to herself or anyone else, for that matter, she had realized that she had grown a bit attached to Harry over the past few weeks. Despite his bouts of insensitivity, he made for a great companion. He was interesting, easy to talk to, and funnier than she liked to give him credit for. For a pop star, he was surprisingly philosophical and she enjoyed listening to him talk about his travels and the things he had noticed about the world. She would miss seeing him regularly once he had left for tour.

Harry loudly scoffed, his disdain for her statement clearly evident. “Surely I’m better than just alright. Theodore thinks I’m better than alright, don’t you?” He scratched the bulldog just behind his left ear, an area that always caused Theodore to whine in approval. Harry brightened, looking toward Addison with a smug expression. “See, he agrees.”

“He’s easily manipulated,” Addison shrugged, gazing upon her traitorous bulldog who was snuggled up next to his new friend. Theodore was entirely transparent when it came to his affections for Harry. Addison was positive that he would have had a very successful future as a fan girl if he had been human.

“I’m far better than just alright,” Harry argued, “I’m actually quite talented.”

“Hah,” Addison scoffed, “I don’t know if anyone’s told you but causing hordes of teenage girls to shriek at ear-splitting levels doesn’t really qualify as a talent.” She chuckled at the expression on Harry’s face. His lips were pursed in annoyance as he scowled at her beneath a furrowed brow.

“For your information,” he began haughtily, “I’m an excellent baker.” “Really?” Addison questioned. She knew that Harry could juggle, and that he also had a knack for picking out hideous designer headscarves, but this was something she didn’t know and wouldn’t have expected.

Harry nodded smugly, seeming pleased by her surprise. “I’ll even prove it. What’s your favorite dessert?”