six.

It'd been almost a month since the two met and they've really been warming up to each other. Leigh had begun to really feel like she was wrong in the way she judged him at first but he understood and even made sure to let her know he acts in certain ways on purpose. Leigh has been pleasantly surprised at the way he slowly opens up to her, he tells her about little things and she's able to recognize what really gets him excited, what gets him upset. He's learning plenty about her, more than he'd bothered to get to know about some other girls. They were truly enjoying this point that they were at.

"God, what is this you're wearin'?" Dallas questioned, pulling up in front of Leigh's lawn and noticing Leigh's revealing work attire. She was hoping he wouldn't often have to see her in her work clothes soo soon, as it wasn't her ideal outfit for a night out. They were fun and comfortable for Leigh but only when there were rules in place to keep from harassment, not that she thought he'd do anything to her, she mostly hated being judged by her clothing. Right as she got home, he arrived in what she could only assume was Buck's car, seeing as he didn't have a car of his own. She was wearing loose red pants and a white blouse which went to just above her belly button, a bit much showing for a regular day to day outfit.

The hotel had no dress code for workers, though, especially for the waitresses and dancers, which was one of the main reasons Leigh was drawn to the unconventional yet upscale hotel. All they had to do was follow a color palette and wear an apron. The majority of Leigh's wardrobe was in deep red and white thanks to the job. She'd gotten home late for a Thursday and when Dallas pulled up and told her to get in, she didn't know if she should. There was only a moment of deliberation before she decided she'd already skipped so many days of school so what was one more for a late night with him.

"These is my work clothes."

"Geez, where do you work? I oughta go there and check out the staff."

She laughed humorlessly, "Very funny." She buckled up, knowing Dallas was probably one of the worst drivers she'd ever gotten into a car with and it was completely on purpose. She almost wanted to ask if she could drive but she didn't know where they were going.

"Cover up, or somethin'. Nobody needs to see all that."

She scoffed as he threw her his jacket, leaving his arms exposed. She didn't realize until right then that she had never really seen his bare arms before and before she got too caught up in that, she snapped out of it, sitting the jacket beside her. "It's eighty degrees in this car alone."

"Shoulda thought of that before you went outside dressed like that."

She was a little offended but remembered not to take anything that Dallas said to heart. She knew he was going to fight her if she didn't put on the jacket but she decided that she wouldn't. "I'm in pants, you ditz. I got this much of my stomach showin'."

"No babe of mines is gonna be out dressin' like that." He looked between her and the road and put his jacket on her lap, lifting it so it'd cover her exposed abdomen.

She rolled her eyes, "I don't remember agreein' to be one of your chicks. Now stop complainin' and tell me where you're takin' me."

"Nowhere right now, I gotta go to Buck's for a minute."

Dallas didn't know it yet but Leigh hated Buck's. She'd been there twice before and both times she told herself never again. Just thinking about the place made her upset but she teased the boy instead "You wanna take me to Buck's dressed like this?"

"Ah, cut it out." She was listening to him argue back at her but at the same time, she stopped. Unintentionally. She'd leaned her head against the window and the sound of the car moving completely tore her attention away from their discussion. She looked at Dallas who wasn't saying anything anymore. She was calmed down a bit, figuring they'd just get to Buck's, he does whatever, and they'd leave. In those serene moments, she saw him and noticed something different about him every time she really looked at him, from the look in his eyes too the flex in his arms and hands, it was like he was always changing with her.

They pulled up at Buck's and Leigh refused to go in at first:

"I can't stand this place."

"Quit bein' so difficult, it's just gonna be for a minute."

"It's a dump in there."

"Quit complainin' so damn much."

"No."

"Get out of the car and come in."

"Why do you want me comin' in so bad?"

"I don't."

"Then go in without me."

She'd end up giving in after a few minutes of the two yelling at each other. She couldn't even remember why she agreed. She figured it was because she wanted Winston to shut up. He sure was glad, though, he was getting so tired of her. It wasn't a normal day out with them without a little pointless tiff, they were both too stubborn.

She sat down on the soft bed which was occupied by messy sheets, a thin blanket, a few articles of clothing littered across it. "I can't believe you sleep in here."

"You gonna be complainin' the whole time up here too?"

"No, because--"

"I ain't ask, okay?" She didn't know what he was looking for and at the moment, Dallas was so infuriated that he couldn't remember either so he was just rummaging through the closet, hoping to remember what he needed when he saw it.

Leigh couldn't care less about it anymore, as she was disgruntled with him for being mad at her. Her nails were digging into the skin of her palm as her fists tightened. "You forced me to come here and now you're gettin' snappy with me?"

"Yeah 'cause you're annoyin' the hell outta me!"

Leigh stood up and Dallas did the same, moving away from the closet and facing her instead. He was now frustrated at the girl and the fact that he didn't know what in the world he was looking for. "And just like that, I remember exactly why I can't stand you."

"Well, I can't stand you either! God, can't take you nowhere without you gettin' heated for no good reason."

"Maybe if you would act a little decent I wouldn't get so pissed!"

"Maybe if you wasn't so sensitive you wouldn't get so pissed." She glared at him and shook her head while he threw a shirt of his her way which she caught with ease. "And cover up, your whole damn stomach is on display!"

"Well, it's fine with me so you're gonna have to deal with it." She threw the shirt right back at him and went to open the door just to find about four guys listening in on them. She groaned, slamming the door in their faces and telling them to get a life. Her hands were on her hips and she was facing away from Dallas who'd been clenching his jaw.

"This is ridiculous." He sighed and went over to her, placing his hands on her hips and resting his head on top of hers.

Just like that, she has calmed down again. His touch sent tingles up and down her spine as she placed her hands on top of his."You're ridiculous."

"You're actin' like a kid."

"You're actin' like a kid," she mocked.

"You done?"

"Are you done?"

"Quit it."

"Quit it." She was now trying to hide her smile and hold in a giggle.

"Ya' know you're impossible right?"

She looked into his eyes and bit her lip. In a minute, both of them forgot about the preceding conversation and were focused solely on one another. "You love it."

Dallas did love that she would fight back with him, he always said he liked his girls feisty. Leigh just thought it was fun, she never takes anything too seriously for too long. It was like they would feed off of each other's energy and then the passion from the previous moments transform and bring them closer. They shared a deep, intimate kiss but before his hands could move to pick the girl up and go further, she pulled away and smiled. "Now go get what you're lookin' for so we can get out of this place."

still love this chapter lol
edited 12-28-21