The Beginning

Brooklyn Myers was a girl with a perfect family. She had two parents who were quite wealthy and an older brother who was following in their parents footsteps. You could say she was the odd one out. She didn't have much interest in her family's business or doing what they wanted her to do. Which led them to always be disappointed in her. No matter what she did, they were always disappointed. So she decided to do something that would please them. She would start to date the boy who they always wanted her to. His name was Brandon Klover. And his parents were also quite wealthy and were good friends with Brooklyn's parents. And her parents were finally happy with her when she told them she was now dating Brandon. But Brooklyn wasn't happy. But it made her parents happy.

Her and Brandon dated for about a year before he proposed to her. Of course she said yes. Her parents would practically disown her if she didn't. But things got worse over time.

They had moved in with each other and Brandon seemed to just get worse. He would make her do everything for him and he would constantly drink. And whenever he drank he was always in a rage and super controlling.

One day Brooklyn was going out with her friends. She put on a cute skirt with a blouse before starting to head to the door, but was quickly grabbed by the arm forcefully.

"Where the hell do you think you're going looking like that?" Brandon asked with a growl.

"I-It's just a skirt and a blouse..I was going to meet up with my friends." Brooklyn mumbled out.

"You're not going anywhere today. Now go get me a beer." He snarled as he dragged her into the kitchen and then sat back down on the couch.

She sighed and went to get him his beer. But she then stopped. She had had enough of this horrible relationship. She crumbled up some sleeping pills before pouring it into his beer. She quickly walked back over to him and handed it to him before walking to their room.

She changed into some jeans and a t-shirt before packing a bag with all of the stuff she would need. She was leaving today and never turning back.

She peaked out of the room and saw that Brandon was passed out on the couch. And then she quickly made her escape. She got into her car and didn't stop until she got all the way to New York.

She booked a room in a hotel before searching for an apartment and clicking on the first one she saw. She talked on the phone with the land lord for a little bit before he said she could move in the next day as long as she paid the rent for the first month tomorrow as well. Luckily, she took a lot of money with her when she left so she was able to pay the owner the next day and moved right in. And now, it was time to find a job. She looked everywhere for a job and finally found one offer. A secretary job. She was never very fond of that line of work but it was all she could get right now. So she called and was able to get a interview for the next day.

She put her dark brown hair into a bun and wore a white button up shirt with a black pencil skirt along with black heels. And then she was ready. She drove to the tall building and rode the elevator all the way up to the top floor. She sat down in a chair, waiting for her turn. Before it was her turn she saw another girl storm out with a glare on her face. She gulped and then stood up when she heard her voice. It wasn't the CEO but one of his workers. She took a deep breath as she walked with the girl to his office.

"Good luck." The girl whispered softly to Brooklyn before opening the door to his office. She put on a smile and walked into his office as she sat down in the chair in front of his desk.

"Hi, I'm Brooklyn Myers." She said sweetly and held out her hand.

The man looked at her with cold eyes before letting out a sigh "I don't shake hands unless I'm making an agreement." He said lowly and she quickly retracted her hand. What a good way to start off.

"Sorry, sir.." She said quietly.

He rolled his eyes "Give me your resumé and call me Mr. Maxwell." The man said as she handed her resumé over to him gently. She stayed quiet as he looked over at it, his cold expression never changing.  And then he just set it aside.

"You can go now. If you get a call tonight it means you have the job." He said simply.

She kept a smiley expression on her face as she stood up, even though it was a bit forced. "Thankyou, Mr. Maxwell." She said before walking out of his office.

That was it? No questions or anything? She huffed and walked back out to her car and drove to her new apartment. There was no way she could get a job where she hardly even spoke.

But later that night she got a call from a unknown number.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Ms. Myers this is Mr. Maxwell. I am calling to say that you have the job. Be there tomorrow morning at seven a.m. sharp with a dark roast coffee." He said before hanging up.

She sat there with her mouth open, shocked at what had just happened. How did she get this job? She had no experience with being a secretary and didn't even say anything. But she didn't question it and got prepared for her first day at work the next morning.