Epilogue

5 years later
-------------------------

"Finley Andrew Maxwell get back over here!" Brooklyn yelled as she chased her three year old son around the house who was refusing to put on pants. And you'd be surprised how fast a toddler could run when they didn't want to get dressed.

Brooklyn soon caught up to him and scooped him into her arms with a laugh as he squealed.

"Mommy! Mommy no! I no want pants!" He whined as he looked up at his mother, sticking his bottom lip out.

"You have to get your pants on. We're going to see grandma and grandpa. Felicity has to wear pants just like you." She told him softly.

"But mommy, she get to wear skirt." He tried to reason. But Brooklyn wasn't going to let him off the hook with that excuse.

"Because she likes to wear skirts." She said as she walked down the hall and into his room that he shared with his twin sister. She still couldn't believe that she wound up with twins a year after getting married. The pregnancy was hell for her and Carson.

Currently, Felicity was sitting on her bed wearing a sparkly pink skirt and a sparkly black top that Carson had just slipped on. The girl sure did like her sparkles.

Carson smiled as he looked over at his wife and son "Did you finally catch the little runaway?" He asked with a chuckle and picked up Felicity.

"Yes. He gets it from you." She said as she set Fin down and put on some grey stretchy pants.

Carson scoffed dramatically "What? How does he get running around with no pants from me?" He asked innocently.

Brooklyn laughed and stood up, picking up her son as she did so "You almost always walk around the house with just your boxers on." She pointed out which made him shrug.

"Now, let's go. We're going to be late as usual." She said and grabbed the twins bag before walking out the front door to the house they had moved into a few months after being married.

Brooklyn buckled Finley into his car seat while Carson did the same with Felicity. She smiled and got into the passenger seat as she looked over at Carson who got into the car "I love you." She said softly and leaned over, kissing him softly.

"Yuck mommy! That icky." Finley said as he scrunched up his face.

"Eww." Felicity said and covered her eyes. It was obvious who was more likely then the other.

Brooklyn and Carson laughed as they pulled away from each other and started the drive to his parents house. Today, was his parents anniversary and everyone was going to be there to celebrate.

They soon pulled up to the house twenty minutes late and got the kids out before knocking on the front door. Only a few seconds later his mother opened the door with a bright smile "My babies!" She said happily. The twins squirmed out of their parents arms and immediately ran to their grandmother, wrapping their tiny arms around each of her legs.

"Grandma! We miss you!" They both said at the same time as they all walked inside. Carson's older brother, Corven, was sat on the couch with his wife of 2 years, Ellie, and their newborn son, Jackson. Charlie, Carson's younger sister quickly ran up to them and engulfed them into a hug before doing the same to the twins.

"Don't forget about Uncle Cameron!" Whined Carson's youngest sibling as he walked over to them and took his turn hugging the twins.

"They're going to get spoilt with attention." Carson whispered to his wife who laughed a little.

"Well your family is very dramatic whenever they see them." She teased and kissed his cheek as they walked over to the couch and sat down. Corven smiled over at them and talked to them about his son. Ever since he had met Ellie he had really changed and was now more talkative and didn't always have this cold look on his face. They were all very grateful she came along.

"He is literally the cutest thing ever!" Brooklyn said as she gazed down at little, Jackson who was sleeping soundly.

Finley crossed his arms and pouted at his mothers words "But mommy you said I the cutest."

Carson chuckled and picked up his son, setting him on his lap "You and your cousin are both very cute." He said but did not change Fin's expression at all.

"I cute too?" Felicity asked softly as she walked over, crawling onto her mothers lap.

"You're very cute too." He said with a smile and kissed her head softly. They were the cutest kids ever to him.

"Dinners ready!" Carson's mother called from the kitchen with her husband at her side. They all quickly got up and went to the kitchen to see what she had made. She had made chicken with cheese melted on it and made a special sauce to dip it in.

Carson and Brooklyn put the twins in the high chairs their grandma had for when they came over. Everyone started eating but the two cut up small pieces of chicken for their kids and set it in front of them before digging into their own food.

They all ate in a comfortable silence, just enjoying the food and the growing family around them. The twins ate happily, making a mess as usual. Once everyone finished their food, Carson and Brooklyn cleaned the twins up before letting them go play with some toys they packed in the living room.

All the adults walked in as well and sat on the couch. "So are you guys planning on having anymore children? I would love some more grandbabies." Carson's mother said with a smile.

Brooklyn and Carson shared a look before looking at his mom "I think we would want one more." She said and bit her lip.

His mother smiled brightly and clapped her hands together with excitement "Oh I can't wait until you two have another one." She said which made her husband chuckle at her reaction.

Carson smirked at his mother "Well you won't have to wait too much longer then." He said as his wife looked through her purse before holding up a sonogram picture.

His mother gasped and let out an excited squeal along with her daughter Charlie when they saw the photo "Another grandbaby!"

"How far along are you?" Corven's wife, Ellie, asked her with a smile. Corven may have been more nice now but he still was quiet.

"Two months. Don't say anything to the twins yet though. I want to find out the gender first and then tell them." Brooklyn said as she glanced at the twins who were still playing happily.

Cameron smiled and gave his brother a pat on the back "Congrats. Hopefully the twins don't get jealous of not getting enough attention."

The family talked for about half an hour more before they all parted the house. Brooklyn and Carson walked out with sleepy twins in their arms and put them in their seats before getting in the front.

"We made such a perfect family." She whispered as to not wake either child.

Carson smiled and nodded "We've come a long way. I'm so glad I chose you to be The Secretary."

--------------------------

I can't believe the story is over! I can't believe so many people have read it and stayed along through it all. Thankyou all so so much for being so supportive of this story. I'll probably start another story but I don't know what it will be about yet. Once again, thank you all so much!