Chapter 2

Ever since that game last year, Emerson has never missed watching a game. She instantly knew every player and found out #5 was Luke Kennard. Unfortunately Luke decided to declare for the draft and he now plays for Detroit, and most of their team left for various reasons. However, unlike most people, Emerson loved this incoming class.

Marvin Bagley was her age, but was already showing everyone what he could do. Wendell Carter Jr. was a quiet but powerful player. Gary Trent Jr. was a phenomenal shooter and was already working well with Grayson. Alex O'Connell was a good guard, that actually decided to go to Duke instead of Syracuse. Emerson liked this, but her brother wasn't as happy. Jordan Goldwire was honestly just a funny player to watch on and off the court. Tre Duval was a good player, but was definitely not Emerson's favorite, there was just a cockiness to him that she didn't like. Finally, Jordan Tucker was originally playing for Duke, but just recently decided to transfer to Emerson's future school: Butler. She was sad to see him go, but she would see him play live all the time next year!

Emerson watched every game, video, interview, and followed all the boys on various social media accounts. She knew everything there was to know about Duke Basketball. She loved every player for different reasons and got excited every time a post notification popped up for them.

Emerson just finished a dull monday at school. She was headed over to Sofia's house to wait and do homework before she got home. Sofia is a nine year old who acts like a 16 year old. She knows way too much for her age, and it makes it interesting for Emerson to watch her. The O'keefe's are family friends. Emerson and Sofia's parents went to college together and they were all best friends. Emerson's parents wanted a family right away, but Sofia's waited. So Sofia and Emerson's brothers were the same age. But Emerson was four years older than them. Emerson was their nanny of sorts. She watched Sofia everyday after school and throughout the summer. Emerson was only responsible for shuttling Odin around, but not actually watching him.

Emerson sat down and took out her homework, but decided AP Chem could wait, she wanted to look at her phone. She opened up instagram and went through various stories until she landed on Alex O'Connell's. Alex posted his snapchat user and posted it with the caption "bored, hmu". Emerson screamed, and quickly typed in his username. She spent five minutes trying to take a good picture before sending it. Emeron couldn't think of anything else until Sofia's bus pulled up. She swung open the door to let her in and immediately told her the great news. Sofia just laughed and said sarcastically, "hopefully he'll snap back... then maybe you can date "Grayson"". Emerson just rolled her eyes at her and took her bag into the kitchen. They worked on homework, while Emerson consistently glanced at her phone. Eventually Sofia's mom came home and it was time for Emerson to leave.

Later that night while Emerson is watching One Tree Hill for the 1000 time, a notification pops up on her phone: "AlexOC followed you back", followed by "AlexOC". ALEX NOT ONLY ADDED HER BACK, BUT HE SNAPCHATTED BACK. She decided to go to bed without opening the snap, because she wasn't even close to being picture ready. The morning would have to do.

Hey guys, thanks for reading! I wrote a lot this weekend, so I figured I would post another chapter. I realized afterwards that I tend to write shorter chapters, but they are getting longer the farther I go, so maybe that will slowly change. Also, this story is about Grayson, but I'm slowly getting to that part. Anyways, let me know what you think!