Chapter 1: Running

Hi, everyone! This is my first fanfic, so please be nice. I do accept constructive criticism, but if it gets to mean, I am banishing it to the shadow realm.

Disclaimer: Sadly, Yugioh and it's amazing characters do not belong to me. Only Roxy does.

Now, onto the story!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello. I am Roxanna Selena Vladimer, but please, call me Roxy. Basically, my life has been a living hell for 12 years. Why has it been hell for 12 years? Well...

"Come down here you brat!" my "father's" angry voice yelled from downstairs.

I flinched, but obeyed and went downstairs. As soon as I reached the bottom step, I felt a punch to my face, knocking me back a step. I gasped and stumbled, but caught myself on the railing.

"Why the hell were you late from school?!" my "father" yelled angrily in my face.

"I was helping a teacher with cleaning, Sir." I said with a monotone voice, knowing if I showed any emotion, he would just beat me more.

"Hmph. Very well then." He snorted and went to grab his coat. "I am going out. So you better be here when I get back, you brat or else you are going to the basement, understood?" He glared at me, challenging me to disobey him.

Knowing that telling him what he wanted to hear would make him leave faster, I said in an emotionless voice, "Yes sir."

He grunted, put on his coat and left.

I sighed in relief when I heard his car leave the drive way and limped up to my room. I opened and walked to the bathroom connected to my room; My body still aching from the beating yesterday.

I opened the door to the bathroom and walked inside to then open the cabinet under the sink to grab a wash clothe and soak it with cold water.

I pressed it against the growing bruise and silently hissed. It stung, but I survived much worse beatings from him. As I waited for the cool clothe to down the swelling, I look into the mirror at my reflection.

A 16 year-old girl with long black hair and tired, amythest eyes that showed they been through hell and back stared back at her.

I sighed and took the clothe away when the swelling ceased. I put the damp cloth back under the sink and walked back to my room.

I looked around waryly, stretching my sixth sense all around the house and the surrounding area, making sure my "father" and his men were no where in the area.

I slumped slightly in relief when I didn't sense any of them. Reassured that the coast was cleared, I lifted up a loose board and pulled out a small duffle bag. I looked inside it to make sure every thing was still there.

Money: Check

Clothes: Check

Girl hygiene stuff: Check

Drawing pad: Check

Ipad: Check

Headphones: Check

Medical kit: Check

I nodded in approval, seeing that everything was there. I zipped the bag and put it on my good shoulder. My other shoulder was still tender from when it was dislocated, so I put my bag on the shoulder that could take the weight.

I left my room and quietly crept down the stairs out of habit. When I reached the door, I stopped and stretched out my senses again, making sure that there was still none of them in the area.

Sighing in relief when I didn't pick up any nearby, I opened the door and slipped out.

/Good bye, hell hole. I hope you rot in your own flames./ I thought as I power walked down the street, never once looking back to my prison for 12 years.

After about nearly an hour, I stopped at the fountain and sat down; my body aching severely from the last beating. Panting, I reached into the fountain and splashes some water on my face and neck.

/This is going to be a little harder than I thought with my body aching so much./ I thought bitterly as I took a drink of water from the fountain.

As I got up and walked away, I slipped on something and fell into the fountain while holding my duffle bag with a small yelp of surprise.

As I sank deeper and as I lost consciousness, I thought, /Why the hell is this fountain so deep?/

After that thought, I welcomed the blackness of unconsciousness.

Little did I know that I would wake up somewhere entirely different.