Chapter 15

Death of a legend
--------------------------

Steve woke up in the room he had been given. It looked much like the one tony had arranged for him when he first moved. Upon further inspection Steve noticed that it was exact the same. All the way down to the annoying creek in the floor. Everything was the same minus the view.

When Steve looked out the window he could see the earth slowly disappearing from view. He was probably there for 10 minutes before a knock came at the door.

"Come it."

The man Steve met several weeks ago had walked in and waited for the door to shut before he started to talk, "I hope everything is to your liking."

"If I'm going to be here I'd like different arrangements. I don't want to be reminded of home."

"Alright captain. What are you looking for."

"Military Barracks."

"Ok, if you follow me I'll get my men on the arrangements."

"Ok"

The man led the way to the bridge of the ship. Once on the bridge Steve's jaw dropped at the sight of what he was getting to see.

"So, do you have a name?"

"The translation of my name to your language is Nate. Captain I would like to be the first to say... welcome to my ship."

"Thank you," Steve continued to look around, "captain you are welcomed through out this ship. The guardians trust you but request you to chose a new name for your return."

"Patriot."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Ok. Would you like a tour? there are several training rooms that you might like."

It was silent and when Nate saw that Steve wasn't following he turned around.

"Are they having a service for me?"

"Yes. Would you like to see it?"

"Please."

"Follow me."

Nate lead the way to an observation room then punched a few keys into the only computer. A screen was then lowered and the footage of his funeral had been broadcasted. The streets were filled and James was standing with tony trying to comfort him while there father said a few words.

When it was Tony's turn Steve sat down in a chair.

The camera man zoomed in on the stage to shows tear stained face.

"I want to thank all of you for coming. I know Steve would be happy to know a lot of people in this great city respected him. It also means a lot to me," tony took a few minutes to try and compose himself, "Steven Grant Rogers was a good son, brother, husband and soon to be father. He touched many peoples lives and didn't expect anything in return. I loved him. I still love him and I always will... I'm going to miss him dearly."

Pepper walked up and helped tony off the stage. The feed stopped when Tony was out of site.

"Captain please don't do this to yourself. You don't need to see this."

"Nate can I just watch him for a little bit longer? I want to see him. Make sure he's alright."

"Stay as long as you like. I'll have one of my men waiting outside to take you wherever you like it give you a tour."

"Thank you."

Nate smiled before leaving. Steve on the other hand started to cry as he watched the footage of Tony and the grieving he was going through. He also got to see the birth of his daughter and tony getting to hold Chloe in his arms. Steve was probably in the room for two days before leaving.