chapter 124/barbecue pt.1

'Daddy I need water.' Daniel whined for the seven hundredth time that morning.

'You've just had a glass of water, stop whining baby.' Harry shook his head as he packed Leo's diaper bag.

'Is that pull up for me?' Daniel pouted as he watched Harry pack some pull ups.

'No, but if you keep drinking water then I might have to put it on you.' Harry shrugged.

'No!' Daniel shook his head firmly. Louis then entered the kitchen.

'Why's he grumpy today?' Louis asked Harry as he scooped Daniel up on to his hip.

'I said I might have to put him in a pull up.'

'Why?'

'He's drank about seven glasses of water, Louis.'

'Oh ok, put it on him now then.' Louis shrugged. Daniel immediately squealed and wriggled around in Louis' grip.

'Don't think that's gonna end well.' Harry chuckled. 'Can you get Leo and Daniel in their shoes?'

Louis nodded.

'Elijah! We're leaving!' Harry yelled up the stairs.

'Are you sure I have to come?' Elijah asked as he trudged down the stairs.

'Yes I'm sure.' Harry replied and motioned for him to move faster.

They were going to Zayn and Liam's barbecue as it was one of the hottest days of the year so far.

'Is baby Blue gonna be there?' Daniel asked as Harry strapped him into the car.

'Yes she will.' Harry nodded and Daniel grinned excitedly.

'Everyone buckled up?' Louis asked as he pulled the car away from the curb and onto the road.

'We're all gonna behave today all right? Leo no screaming, Elijah you're not going to be on your phone the whole time and Daniel no tantrums. Am I clear?' Louis spoke sternly as they drove.

'Yes dada!' Daniel giggled, probably not even listening to what Louis just said.

15 minutes later, they pulled up outside Zayn and Liam's house. Harry knocked on the door with Leo on his hip and the rest of the family behind him.

'Welcome, welcome!' Liam said as he greeted everyone individually. 'Zayn's out the back on the grill.'

'Baby blue! Baby blue!' Daniel exclaimed excitedly and hopped up and down.

'Do you want to come and wake her up from her nap with me?' Liam asked and ruffled Daniel's hair. Daniel nodded vigorously and followed Liam up the stairs. Elijah said hello to Harrison, Liam and Zayn's eldest, and they sat on the couch together with Owen, who was Daniel's age. Five minutes later, Daniel came down the stairs with a proud grin on his face as Blue waddled unsteadily behind him.

'Daddy look!' Daniel said and tugged on Harry's t shirt.

'I know, isn't she cute?' Harry smiled and scooped Blue into the air as she shrieked with excitement.

'Who's ready for a game of footy then?' Zayn called from the barbecue outside. The two oldest boys jumped up and Louis dashed outside eagerly with them to play.

As the burgers cooked, everyone lined up on the grass as Zayn sorted everyone into teams. It was Louis, Harrison and Zayn against Liam, Harry and Elijah. Blue, Leo, Daniel and Owen sat playing on the side.

'Daddy come and play with me!' Daniel called as he tugged on Harry's shirt again.

'I'm playing football, you can watch daddy play though okay?'