Beast of Busco

The Beast of Busco is reported to be some type of large snapping turtle, and is sometimes called "Oscar". It obtained the name from the farmer, Oscar Fulk who worked his land in the late 1890. His farm included a lake that encompassed nearly seven acres. Mr. Fulk reported to have seen the giant sized turtle in 1898, but was never able to capture the cryptid, nor provide proof of the creature's existence. He told others of the large reptile, but finally decided to leave it alone and went back to farming his property.

The animal was described as being approximately five hundred pounds, with the shell as big as a dinner table or car roof top. There was some speculation as to the turtle being a large version of the Alligator Snapping Turtle which normally weighs in at 40 pounds. The world's record for the Alligator Snapping Turtle is recorded at 236 pound, and there is some rumors of a turtle in Kansas weighing in the 400 pound range.

Several attempts were made to capture the creature. Traps were devised and set up and two divers made attempts to search the bottom of the lake. Unfortunately, equipment malfunctions stopped the divers, but not before they were able to determine the bottom of the lake was a mire of mud.

No recent sightings have occurred. Perhaps, Oscar the turtle died or escaped to another lake.