Chapter 8

Diego is still mad and upset. I mean it's not like I expect him to just wake up and be ok and not depressed. Diego wouldn't get out of bed. He just layer in our bed crying and staring off into space. I laid with him for a while. But he just kept pushing me away. I asked him if he wanted to talk about it and he just turned the other way. I told him I was going pick up food and he just looked at me with those beautiful green eyes and you could just tell how hurt he was. I walked to the place because I needed to get things off my mind. I was stressing about Diego so much. He didn't want to eat, all he did was sleep and cry. I don't blame him his life is nuts and he needs to get better. I walked to del taco hoping his favorite place would help him feel better. I got our regular food we usually get and walked back home. I walked up to our bedroom. But Diego wasn't in our bed. I walked down stairs screaming his name he didn't answer me. I started to panic. Where did he go? What was he doing? I walked to the downstairs bathroom and it was locked and he wouldn't let me in. He didn't answer when I screamed his name. Diego! Diego open the door! Diego! I kicked down the door with the heaviest thing I could find. I saw the blood and everything went blurry and black. I remember opening my eyes and I was on the side of Diego in a hospital room. I was in a chair and I looked over to see the cuts on his arms and the flash came back of what happened at home. I felt the tears start to fall and my cheeks get red and hot. This is my fault all of it. I called his mom we never met yet but I've talked to her over the phone.
Hey candy it's Sophia
Hey girl what's going on?
Diego's in the hospital
What!? Which one I'm going there now
The one down town.
I'll be there in a few
Alright I'll see you then
I tried to keep my cool on the phone but candy heard my whimpers. I looked at Diego's body and broke down. The doctor came in. "Well Mr. Leanos will be fine but he lost a lot of blood. Your very lucky that he his alive" I asked the doctor what will happen next. " he will be sent to a rehab center for 2 to 3 months." The doctors words hit me hard and everything became slow motion and I couldn't breath. The doctor called my name. I was cut from my thoughts. " are you ok ma'am?" Um yes I'm fine his mom is on her way. "Ok"
2 hours later
Candy walked through the room door and started crying. " what happened to my baby?'' I told her the horrifying story and that he had to go to a center. "When is he going to wake up?" I'm not sure. Me and candy just watched him waiting. He opened those beautiful green eyes. I cried as I saw those broken eyes. He started crying. I went into the small hospital bed with him and held him, he went to move his arm and winced at the pain. Omg Diego I'm so sorry baby. "It's alright love I'm fine"
He held me tight and we didn't say a word just we're laying there not knowing what would happen next just knowing we were both broken. I wasn't ready to not be with him for 2 or 3 months. I couldn't stand being away from him. It broke me inside and out.