Giant Slaves (Role Reversal)

It was Friday, middle of summer. Normally this meant people get off of school, work, have a little fun, even do extracurricular activities. However, this isn't the case for the enslaved giants.

In this world, giants have been enslaved using technologies like shock collars and 'Achilles', objects that stab a part of your body if you misbehave.

The majority of the population have at least one giant. The poor, however, can't afford one.

Giants are divided into 3 categories: Poor, medium range, and expensive. The expensive ones are the smallest, the ones that do the least damage. Its easier to equip them with gizmos, and they obey more. The poor ones are the biggest, and can do more danage. They're harder to equip with collars, thus undesirable, and less money.

One of these expensive ones, "D-7908", or Herald, has been tasked with guarding and serving a mansion.

"7908, fetch me the car." Herald sighed, walking from the back to the front to get a BWM vehicle and place it by the man, "Jeremy". Jeremy was the one Herald hated the most, but who also punished the most. So, he stayed obedient despite the deep hate he has for him.

"Good, you didn't dent it this time. I was hoping I didn't have to rush to get it redone for the tenth time this month." Jeremy got in the car and drove towards the city. "That'd be cool, to finally go somewhere beside here..." A voice screamed from the balcony of the mansion, "7908, are you speaking out of turn again?" Herald was about to say no, but instead he shook his head. "Good giant, I was hoping I didn't have to zap you again."

He sighed and sat at his station beside the mansion, a huge grass plain. He saw Scarlett, the nicest person (towards him) in the house, wave as she passed the back balcony.

Herald frowned. Another day, another meal.

I feel like I did good for my first book. Hoping to do more like these.

- Fortune