The Hidden Ones

Aaron walked through the forest that was near his house, eventually stopping at the biggest one. It rose far above the other trees. Why? He didn't know. But whenever he went to the forest, it changed locations every time.

"Wonder why it moves... ill have to look it up."
A mysterious voice rang from the tree. "I'm just a special tree... someone cursed me with speech and movement."

Understandably, Aaron was fucking freaked out. "Trees can talk now?!"
"No, just me..."
"Wait, why were you cursed?"
"I don't know..."
"Well, I'll help you... do you need anything?"
"I need a lot of food... it's hard to move without anything..."
"Okay!" He ran back home.

------------------------------------------
That kid was so gullible. Why did he believe that trees could talk? How doesn't he know about us Hiddens? Who knows. At least he's helping me... and I don't have to eat any animals alive. So that's great! I moved again, so I could maintain the illusion that I was a 'cursed tree'.

The kid came back. "Here you go, Mr. Tree!" He dumped a bowl of fruits at the tree's base. I had to resist laughter because of how funny it was that he was dumping food by my toe. "Thank you, little one. I shall live another day."
"Okay, Mr. Tree! See you again!" The kid ran off.

Score, I got a new friend that I didn't have to threaten!