4 - Unknown feelings

The next day, things went down like it usually did at school. People were starting to make progress with accepting Liz leaving, including myself. I know I've liked Liz for a while, but for some reason, after what happened yesterday with MJ, something inside me clicked. When I saw what the man was trying to do to her, I felt really furious. I mean, if it was another girl, it would probably be the same reaction, but something tells me that there's something different to how I feel about MJ. I just don't know what it is.

"Earth to Peter? Hello?" I snapped back to reality, once I heard my best friend's voice.

"Huh? What?" I asked Ned confusedly, and he gave me a confused look, too.

"Take a picture, loser. It'll last longer." A sassy voice said, and I turned to see a smirking MJ.

"I wasn't staring at her, right?" I asked Ned, dumbfounded.

"Well, if I'll be honest, you've been staring at her and ignoring your food the entire lumch time." I punched his chest playfully.

"Thanks for helping me out, my so-called best friend." I said with sarcasm, and MJ laughed.

"Don't worry, I'm very flattered that Spidey is checking me out." Ned's eyes widened, as soon as she said that.

"She knows?!" He exclaimed in shock, and all I could do was nod.

"He's terrible at keeping secrets, Ned. I figured it out myself, but I needed him to confirm my accusations. And he did." She said bluntly, making me raise my eyebrows at her.

"Okay, it really seems like you're not taking this seriously." She just shrugged and spoke again.

"Dude, this news is huge, so I'm obviously keeping this a secret. Is it so bad to be straightforward and blunt? It makes things less obvious." I processed her words inside my head. Okay, maybe she had a point but...oh, you know what? Forget it.

"Alright, whatever, um, I wasn't staring at you for the reason you think." She gave me another smirk at this.

"So you admit that you were actually staring at me but it's not cause you're checking me out? Then why were you staring?" I blushed, not knowing how to respond to that. How on earth can this girl make me blush?

"Uh...um, well, it's..." I just kept on stuttering, making both Ned and MJ laugh their asses off.

"Oh my god, I ship it! Peter Parker and Michelle Jones, ha!" Both MJ and I glared at Ned at the same time.

"You guys even do the same things at the same time!" This time, MJ and I looked at each other at the same time, again.

"Oi, Parker! How come you always have a crush on the Decathlon captain?" I snapped my head at that annoying voice. Flash.

"How come you're always being rejected by girls?" MJ answered back at him, which made his cheeks flush in embarassment. Many people laughed at him, including Ned and I, while some were encouraging Flash to answer back, until he eventually said something.

"At least the girl who stands up to me isn't a weird freak like you, Jones!" That's it.

I stood up abruptly, looking furious as ever. My sudden actions surprised me and everyone else.

"You shut the hell up, Flash! I've dealt with your crap for too long, and I'm sick of it! Just cause you want to make yourself feel better about the way you are, doesn't mean you can keep insulting people as much as you want! Geez, what have we ever done wrong to you? Nothing! So maybe you can shut that mouth that's never even been kissed before, and stop ruining people's lives!" Flash looked taken aback, but still said something else.

"What about you, then? Have you ever been kissed before?" He taunted, making me at loss for words.

"No, but he will be right now." MJ said, receiving confused looks from everyone, but before I knew it, she pressed her lips against mine.

She's kissing me.

But I don't pull back.

I want this kiss.

I don't understand why, but this kiss made me feel happy inside.

So I kissed her back.

A/N: I'm adding in lots of Pichelle moments, so when I said I'd give them a slow burn, I meant that they won't get together that easily. Anyway...how's it going so far? I'm trying to target just a month of writing this story, so expect more than one update everyday for this story. Thanks for reading!