Fake petals for conceited flowers

LYDIA DEETZ AND THE WITCH'S HOUSE

Capítulo 12: Fake petals for conceited flowers

An impasse had been reached. Both Lydia and Viola held their gaze as none of them wanted to give in regarding the delicate white flower in the garden.

"We have to show the yellow flowers that the white flower is dead," said Viola, "only then can we go ahead and leave the haunted house and escape from Ellen.

"Lydia..." Percy said, as he watched his girlfriend's hard look.

"If you're afraid of what the sign said about us dying if we killed the flower..." said Viola.

"It's not about the sign," Lydia interrupted, "I don't think we should sacrifice an innocent life like you did with Mr. Frog."

"And what else can we do? Ellen put us through this puzzle and we have to solve it. You said it yourself, Lydia, we mustn't break the rules."

"No... this house isn't any smarter. Still won't give up the goth girl."

"You said it yourself, Lydia," Percy said, "there's always a plan, just think about it."

The Goth girl smiled at Percy and then her eyes denoted concentration.

"I have a plan," Lydia said almost immediately, "follow me."

Viola and Percy exchanged glances and decided to go after Lydia.

Lydia, who was leading the group, followed in her footsteps and arrived at the room with the replicas of the Mona Lisa.

The vase cerulean with the beautiful white flowers rested near the entrance, and the ghostly head of the female covered with a snowy veil rested calmly in the middle of them.

"Please, we need your help," said Lydia, "we need some of your white petals. The life of an innocent flower depends on it."

The ghost smiled at Lydia and handed her some of the white petals.

"Thank you very much," the Gothic girl thanked her with tears poking out of her eyes and returned to the garden with the group.

"That was very clever, Lydia," said Percy, proud of his girlfriend."

"Do you think we'll fool the yellow flowers?" asked Viola.

"With a little work we'll make these lily petals look like those of the white flower in the garden."

Lydia, who was skilled at making clothes, had skilled fingers and set to work.

The group went to where the yellow flowers and Lydia with great aplomb gave them the white petals.

"How strange. I didn't hear her horrible cry."

"I didn't hear it."

"I didn't hear it."

"I didn't hear it."

"I covered her with my hands while Lydia killed the white flower," said Percy, with such a face that no one could say he was actually lying.

The yellow flowers suddenly laughed very loudly and the group feared that Percy's deception had not worked.

"As for the pollen..." Lydia said.

"Hmm... ah yes, our promise. Here you go."

Lydia stretched out her arms and on her palms was placed the longed-for pollen that looked like a very fine white powder.