Chapter 24: Love advice from Captain Eyebrows

"Eren," Levi called out in the maze of students.

Eren turned around and saw him. He was making his way over to her when I herd of girls came rushing at him.

"We'll talk later, it seems like your busy." She said as she walked up to her next lesson. It felt weird to see Levi surrounded with other girl, but she ignored it thinking it was probably because of mood swings.

°°°
"They've somehow stopped..." Eren trailed off looking at the contents of her locker, usually there would be a note in it from her secret admirer. But since the events of yesterday, they no longer showed up with heart warming poems.

"What somehow stopped?" A voice asked behind her.

Is it possible it's Peter? He's not exactly one to do so...

Sighing she took out her textbook and closed her locker, turning around she saw Peter. His eyes were red and puffy, His eye bags were visible and he looked like he was about to pass out any minute.

"What the heck happened to you?" She asked. She might have an undying fire of hate towards Peter, but it wasn't enough to watch him suffer... Okay maybe a little bit but still!

"Its nothing..." He trailed off.

Taking a deep calming breath, she tilted her head.

"Pete, there's a lot of fish in the sea. You'll find someone." She smiled.

"There's really nothing I could do for you to take me back... Is there?" He asked.

"Nope." She said, straight forward and frank.

"Can we at least be friends again?" He asked.

"Maybe." She said.

"I'll take that as a yes." He laughed.

"Why are you like that anyway?"

"You have no idea," he said before yawning. "How long it took me to memorize a speech in case you said no to the friends part." He finished, another yawn left his lips. "And homework, strict teachers." He grumbled.

Eren giggled.

"All night?" She asked.

The boy nodded before yawning again.

"Come on, let's get you to the nurse's office. You look like a dying goat." She laughed before guiding him to the school's clinic.

"What happened to this poor child?" The nurse asked.

"He stayed up all night doing homework, his teacher said if he didn't pass it before the end of the day he'll give him a failing grade." Eren explained.

"So I figured I'd bring him here because he scared off some of his classmates, and when he tries to sleep he couldn't because of the noise of his classmates and he was afraid he'd get detention." She added.

The nurses nodded.

"Studies found that disturbing a person while they're sleeping can increase their chances of permanently losing their mind." Eren said while helping Peter up the bed.

"I hope he can rest here." She said.

"Well, you can give this to his teacher. And here's for you because you are already late for classes Missy." The nurse said handing her a piece of paper.

"Thank you, miss..."

"Oh, no need for that! Call me Jane." She said.

"Thank you, Jane." She smiled.