Calm before the Storm

November 16th 2017

A memory I would fail to forget. It was the day I turned 18. It was also the day I said goodbye. Goodbye to all that I knew..All I have ever known in fact.

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR XALIAAAAA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!~

I opened my eyes to see my mom and dad standing beside each other holding a single vanilla cupcake with pink icing, an 18 cake topper and stars....everywhere.

"Happy 18th Birthday babyyyy" my mom said before I was able to thank them for the very loud awakening which they have given me

"Thanks mom and dad," I quickly forced out before either of them could reply. "I'm gonna miss you guys so much but you will survive...right?" I asked reaching out to retrieve my birthday treat.
"Survive????? We will do more than just "Survive" honey. We will be free!!!" And with that my very excited dad went rushing out of my room.

Today is the day my aunt Cyrena will be leaving her very english two story mansion in England for me to take care of and I will be leaving our very modern Californian home and my over- emotional mom.

Now getting up from my bed, I rushed over to my mother who now had tears forming in her large hazel eyes.
"I'll be back before you know it" I said as she quickly wiped a tear from her eye.
" I suppose you will and you are an adult now..but I will miss you as this is the first time I will be away from you". As these word came out of her quiverring mouth I could see more tears forming so I quickly intervened.

" Yes yes but on another note what's for breakfast??? We all know I can't go anywhere on a hungry stomach" I said with a forced smile. Honestly, I was ravenous and all the chit chat was doing me no good so I rushed down to our modern one wall kitchen

 Honestly, I was ravenous and all the chit chat was doing me no good so I rushed down to our modern one wall kitchen

As I sat by the island, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It smelled of freshly fried bacon and maple syrup.
"Your famous Bacon and pancakes with maple syrup. Today is full of surprises I see" I said while taking a piece of bacon from the plate.

"No honey, if you did see then you wouldn't be surprised." My dad quickly retaliated.

These are the moments that make moving away even harder. The way one has lived for a period of time becomes apart of them,apart of their routine. The way I have lived for now 18 years is apart of me and on this 18th year I must leave it all behind. The happy, the sad, the memories but it's apart of living. It's called growth.