The Storm

"Do you have all of your bags Xalia? You can't afford to forget anything, I packed a few snacks and you can purchase your food on the plane" shouted my mom as I put my final suitcase in the trunk of the cab.

"Yes I have everything and I will call you when I touchdown in England. I WILL BE FINE" I assured my mother who was now crying like a baby.

"Honey she will be fine," my dad said massaging  my mother's shoulders,"now come on, She needs to  get to the airport and we need to go inside.." he then gave me gentle kiss on my forehead and we both hugged my mom.

I got into the cab,put my earphones in and watched as we drove farther and farther away from the place I knew best. Home, with it's hills and sun I would now leave to go on royal ground where people use the words "loo" and "earwig" in their conversations. This should be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nearly an hour later, we pulled into the curb-side drop off area in L.A.X Airport. I hastily made my way to the  Check-in counter for British Airways where I checked in my 2 large suitcases, then went to baggage check. While waiting for my bags to be checked, my eyes fell upon the most beautiful human I've ever seen.He was one person away from me and was now placing his things in the baskets provided. He had the most magnificent brown eyes with bold black hair.What stood out most to me though, was a tattoo going up his neck that appeared to be a backward "f".
"What does that stand for?" I wondered.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I snapped out of my daze and had full awareness of what was happening around me. The beautiful stranger I was admiring from a distance had stepped through the metal detector but forgot to strip himself of all the metals his clothes possessed and therefore was asked to step aside so an officer could pat him down.
I then realised that this boy possibly was not even going the same place as I was "Who are you kidding Lia, he probably has a girlfriend somewhere or is gay. Remove him from your thoughts" I then focused on the task at hand and that is baggage ckeck.
As the person who was in front me quickly got through with this trying part of travelling, it was my turn.
I removed the contents of my pockets, now remembering what awaits me in England. I stepped through the detector.
No beep.

I collected my things and went over to the waiting area for boarding call. I then checked my phone for any messages. Most of them where from friends who had messaged to wish my a safe flight and a Happy Birthday.
Right.
It is my birthday and here I am sitting in a stuffy Airport, with stuffy people going to a country I've never been to before.
Ahhh there it is...the homesickness..but why am I homesick when really and truly I'm still home. At any moment I could call a cab and go home.

"NO Lia, you are going to pull up your big girl panties, stay strong and embark on this jorney! It's growth, remember?" 
Oh what pessimistic thoughts I have right now.

~"ALL PASSENGERS BORDING FLIGHT 01359 THIS IS YOUR FIRST  BOARDING CALL!"~

I guess that is my cue. I will now grow...for 11 hours and 25 minutes...

Ugh!