CHAPTER ONE

march 09, 2013
HELP ME OUT— ALICKS

"god it's four am and
you're still in my head.
stop poisoning my brain"

MIN YOONGI knew a few things

he knew that two plus two equals four, that the formula for the circumference of a circle was pi times the diameter. he knew that the world spared no one, and the only ones left were the ones who barely survived.
he knew that pianos usually had eighty eight keys, and the only way out of this labyrinth, this never ending spiral,
is forgiveness.
he knew that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell, and that flowers only bloom if something's watering it.

but sitting there in his room, he couldn't seem to understand anything.
why were flowers considered beautiful? why do we pluck out weeds when they're just as beautiful as the others? why is he here?
was it all even worth it?
why?

a sigh left his parted lips,
and his lungs ached.
he wasn't sure
why it was aching.
it was just another question
that was to be left unanswered
he supposed.

craning his head back to let it rest on the top of his swivel chair, throat exposed and adam's apple bobbing, he came to a conclusion.

he would find his reason to live today.
no matter what.
one that'll shine so brightly
but also bring shadows.
something he could relate to.
bring shadows of lost dreams and new hopes.
the nostalgia of childhood,
and the excitement and weariness of growing up.
something to base his songs about.

i n s p i r a t i o n

that's what he needed.
whether it be a lamp post,
a city street, a fallen tree.
the sunset, the moonlight, or simply the comforting but continuing
darkness. maybe even the
too quiet silence
which was the only thing left
every single time.

he would find his inspiration,
and he would take a picture of it.
because even if
he never saw it again,
he would always have that picture.
always have that moment of frozen time
where everything was right.
where everything clicked.
and even if that moment never occurs again,
it fucking happened.
and that's the best part.

flinging himself up from his seat, he got ready to meet his inspiration,
whatever that may be.

he threw a momentary glance over his shoulder, gazing at the now-dusty-but-not-old camera he had bought.
contemplating whether he should walk all the way over there to get it.
after all, he could just use his phone.

no, min yoongi. you're going get your bitch ass up, walk over to that camera, and actually use it because you did not just waste three hundred dollars for a camera that you're not even going to use.

with that thought motivating him, he sluggishly got up and walked over to his camera.
how does he use this thing again?
eh, he'll figure it out sooner or later.

disregarding the manual—which, in all honestly, he should've read— before trudging out the door.

his feet padded softly against the concrete, eyes leveled to the skies to revel in its beauty. it was so blue. maybe he found his inspiration right here, above him.
shit, that was hella quick.
he quickly glanced at the time

6:03.

"ah, fuck. it's going to start getting dark soon." he cussed, a subtle pout forming onto his pinker than usual lips.
if he doesn't find anything by the time the sunsets— which should be soon, given that the clouds are starting to be colored a orange hue.

that's it, if he doesn't find an inspiration soon, he's just going to take a picture of the sky and call it a day.

walking around longer, the streets practically empty for an odd reason that he couldn't quite decipher since it is seoul,
yoongi looked. and he looked more.
he looked at every single possible thing there was to look, and thought of it as trivial.

maybe it was just his mindset, but god dammit he should just do this tomorrow because it's his birthday and no one remembered and he just wants to sleep.

a sigh eluding out of his parted lips into the nibbling cold of early march, he gazed at his surroundings. it seems his feet had memorized the way to the bridge he adores so very much.
he brought his camera up to his face, a click away from taking a picture of the beautiful scene in front of him.

before he saw her.

his eyes widened as he saw a girl with strawberry blossom lips and stardust swirling in her eyes. his camera was zoomed up, so he didn't could see every single little aspect of her— and he adored it. call him dramatic, but everything seemed so fucking new. it was as if everything that ever caused him pain vanished with any other thought besides her. her skin was tinted with the shades of orange the sun radiated, head angled upwards to face the heavens— where she must've come from because god damn.

her legs dangled over the edge of the bridge, slouched atop. over her was the violet amethyst twilight, flecks of white dotting the space above. the light seemed to illuminate her already glowing face even more, eyes seeming to glow brighter than the sun that was slowly starting to hide behind the horizon. an unknown smile whispered onto her lips, and yoongi swears he almost falls off the bridge.

he lowered his camera to savor the moment, remember exactly how everything feels.  he thought that he had felt peace before, but boy was he wrong.

not feeling happy but not feeling sad isn't peace.

that's being so drained that you gave up on being both happy or sad. you're just existing. that isn't peace. no, peace is kinda like when it's the weekend, and the sun wakes you up with this gentle heat that spreads slowly but surely all over your body. and he adored it. he relished in everything there was around him, trying to carve it into his memory so that when he's eighty when he looks out the window he'd see her and the sky being dyed by the shades of twilight.

he brought his camera up again, and took a picture of the girl with the oversized hoodie, and glossy hair that flowed caramel brown in the light of the sun (it wasn't until he was walking home until he realized how creepy that was.)

he didn't think he'd ever look at the sky the same again. for every cloud would remind him of how soft her skin looked, and the sky itself would remind him of her, the thing that surrounds and holds his world together.

min yoongi thought he knew many things, but there was one thing for certain. he was completely and utterly whipped for the girl with stardust for eyes and a bag of chips in hand.

// oof i'm finally done thank gosh. i've been procrastinating like 6 months but iTs fInaLLy oUt sO
ALSO IM GOING TO GIVE CREDIT TO MY PEARL OLIVIA [ chuuries  ]
GO SHOWER HER WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION AND HAPPINESS COZ SHE WAS ACTUALLY THE FIRST ONE TO THINK OF THIS IDEA I JUST TWEAKED IT A BIT.
also give my gIRL MARWA SOME LOVE BECAUSE TBH THIS ANGEL WILL BE THE ONLY ONE READING THIS STORY CANT LIE [ crxwnedjin  ]
kkk that's all byeeee love you
-euphoria //