Types of Wicca

There are many different types of Wicca, but here are a few of them in a simple form. If you want to learn more about each type from experience I would suggest you go to a nearby library or look them up no the Internet.

~Alexandria Tradition- Founded in England in the 1960's. A man by the name of Alex Sanders called himself the "King" of Witches.

~British Tradition- Mixture of Celtic and Gardnerian beliefs. Covens are co-ed, and they train through the degree process.

~Celtic Wicca- This tradition strongly stresses the Ancient ones, the Elements, and nature. They know a lot about flowers, plants, herbs, stones, & gnomes/fairies.

~Caledonii Tradition- Scottish in origin, it preserves the festivals of the Scots. Used to be known as the Hecatine Tradition.

~Dianic Tradition- This tradition has been known as the feminist movement. It was founded in 1921 by Margaret Murray. They tend to focus more on the Goddess, & not the God.

~Eclectic- These Witches don't follow any one Craft. They take what they have learned and apply it as needed to their Magick.

~Gardnerian Tradition-  This tradition is so popular because the man who started it, Gerald Gardner, publicized it so much in the 1950's. Wicca was about to die out, and he made many people aware of the Craft.

~Hecatian- A branch of Wicca which worships the Goddess Hecate.

~Pictish- Scottish Craft; solitary using nature as it's Magickal force. Not much religion involved in this one.

~Pow-Wow- Based on German Magick; it is not a religion, just a Magickal healing with faith practice.

~Seax Wicca- started by Raymond Buckland, this tradition contains Saxon beliefs and is exclusive for Saxon scholars, though nothing is stopping you from studying it.

~Solitary- This is a Witch who practices alone. The tradition may vary, and they can come in many forms. A Solitary Witch can learn off the Internet, books, and Witches they may know. They do not belong to a coven, and most of the time feel as if they benefit more by practicing solo.

~Strega- Began in the 1300's by a woman named Aradia. They have beautiful teachings but are rare to find anymore.

~Teutonic- This is the Nordic tradition. People vary from the English, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, and Norwegian.

*Everything here I got from this site, thank you very much btw>> http://mysticways.wiki.zoho.com/History-and-Types-of-Wicca.html <<

But, if you would like to know a little history, you should visit the URL above and read it. It is very informant and in simple verses.**