Chapter 1.

Pop's, a small but popular diner in the mysterious town of Riverdale. It's the one place where Northside and Southside folks put their differences aside, most times, to enjoy the greasy but delicious burgers and fries, topping it off with the famous milkshakes.

I enter Pop's after being stood up by a certain jock, Chuck Clayton, and walk over to a booth. I sit down, instantly dropping my head in my hands.

How could I let myself get played like that?

"You ok, Karisma?" I hear the familiar voice of Pop Tate ask.

"Yeah, I just got stood up" I answer, looking up at him.

"Oh, sorry about that. Can I get you anything?" I shake my head. "You sure? Maybe a banana milkshake on the house. I know it's your favourite." A smile growing on his face.

"I'm not one turn down a free Pop's milkshake but no thank you, Pop. I'm not in the right mood, thanks for the offer though," I say; a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. Pop nods, shoving his hands in the pockets of his white dress pants.

"You're welcome. If you want anything just let me know." He sends me one last smile before walking to the kitchen, probably to fry up more food.

"Will do."

As I read my book, the bell above the door rings as the door hits it, letting everyone know someone has entered the diner. I look up from my book to see a group of South Side Serpents walking in. Good thing it's getting late so no snobby Northsiders are here to start something with them. If they were here they would most likely cause a scene considering everyone from the Northside seems to hate the people from the Southside of town. I'm probably one of the few people who don't have a grudge against the Serpents.

FP, who is my best friend, Jughead Jones' dad, is the leader of the Serpents. He's also like a father figure to me since I grew up without one, so I know Serpents can be more than just hard asses that cruise around on motorbikes.

There are two boys, both dark-haired and tan but one's much taller than the other, and one girl, who is also tan and had brown hair that fades into pink. They sit down in the booth in front of me, engulfing in conversation instantly.

I look back down at my book and carry on reading, trying not to gain their attention, but my phone starts going off. The vibration on the table sends a loud sound around the almost silent diner; the music from the jukebox filling the room with some noise, along with the muffled whispers of the three Serpents. I quickly grab it off the table and look at the screen to see it's Jughead. "Jughead Jones, what's up?" I try to keep my voice low and quiet but one of the boy Serpents lookup from the table and straight at me.

"Karisma Montel, I was wondering if you wanted to meet us at Pop's tomorrow" Jughead replies.

"Who's us?" I question, looking around the diner to avoid eye contact with the Serpent that is petty much burning holes into me with his hard stare.

"Archie, Betty, Veronica and I" Jughead answers. I roll my eyes when Jughead says Veronica's name considering she is the reason I went on the "date" in the first place.

"I'll see, something might come up," I say, not wanting to have to deal with all the questions about the date. You know, the one that didn't bloody happen.