Chapter 43.

I lay down on the couch and Toni gets her tattoo stuff ready. I'm about to get my Serpent tattoo done and I'm putting it on my right arm. "You ready?" Toni asks as she wipes my skin with a baby wipe.

"Yeah," I say and hold my shirt sleeve up so it doesn't get in the way.

"Ok, here we go" Toni say and moves the tattoo machine towards my skin. The buzzing sound starts and I feel the needle continuously pricking me at a very fast pace. Jughead watches from beside me and I grab his hand at the sudden flash of pain.

"Holy shhh" I murmur and Jughead laughs. Toni stops and wipes away the access black ink with a paper towel.

"Sorry about the pain," she says and puts more ink on the needle.

"It's ok" I reply and she starts to do more of the tattoo.

"And... we're done," Toni says and puts down the tattoo machine.

"Thank god," I say. Toni laughs and cleans the tattoo before wrapping it with cling wrap so I don't get it infected.

"Have a look in the mirror" she says. I stand up and walk to the mirror in my room. I look at my tattoo and smile.

"It looks amazing T," I say and hug her. "Thank you."

"No worries" Toni replies and throws out her plastic gloves. "Just make sure not to do the things I told you not to do while it heals." I nod and pull my shirt back down.

"Now we've all got one," Jughead says and looks at his tattoo on the top of his bicep. Even though a tattoo doesn't make you a Serpent, it makes you feel more apart for the gang.

* * * *

This is still quite short but it's better than nothing, right?